Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the one I have over the years have been genaric one. I like to get some kind of GMC logo for the center caps.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Well I looked all over for simulators, finally went with Pacifics, but an idea just came to mind.

http://dieselplace.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5951&PN=2

Since the Pacifics are "under the lug" mounting, I'm wondering if you could just leave off the ring that holds the center caps, and use the factory centers?......

Might have to try that, anybody else try that?

·
Registered
463 Posts
I bought a set of bolt-on sims on eBay about 2 years ago for my truck. They use the OEM center caps from my stock wheels.

At first I wasn't crazy about the idea of having to use the factory centers, but once I installed them, I liked the way they look.

As I recall, I paid around $160-$170 for the set of 4.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
You were right Kevin.....

I changed the caps and took some pictures so Turfmower could see them. I was a little worried about the chrome on the factory centers not matching the stainless, but these Pacifics are polished so well it looks good. I'll post some pics of the truck with the Pacific caps and the factory caps. Sorry about the one front pic, little back light problem....

Thanks for the tip.

Edited by: Zeeb

·
Registered
463 Posts
Zeeb,

They look great!

Those look identical to mine.

Kevin

·
Registered
267 Posts
Turfmower,

Phoenix USA has a SS simulator that allows you to use the factory center caps. They also have other kits with different centers. 931-526-6128 for an outlet near you.

Leonard

·
Registered
42,913 Posts
I use Pacifics with chevy centers. I think they look better....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts