Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The other day, I noticed a significant loss of power on acceleration both from a dead stop or a rolling accel. I thought it may have been my Edge, so I disconnected it and ruled that out.

There was no CEL, but I hooked up the Tech 2 and found three codes. The first two were from my EGR BLocker and are always there with no issues since I do not have a inger Stick. The third one was P0181 Fuel Temp. Perf. sensor. Once I cleared the codes (in which the EGR ones came back of course) I tried it again, the truck ran fine. I saw some posts of people noting a loss of power with the P0181 code, so this made sense.

However, this morning I was cruising along the highway at about 72mph one hour into a two hour drive. I stepped on the peddle to pass and it started shuddering. It sort of felt the fuel cutting back, but I was only up to 80 mph and only moderately accelerating. I tried to repeat it several times but couldn't but was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this.

My Edge was on 2 as it always is - I never use over 2 other that the one time I tried 3 when I first got it. The Fuel Filter is 6k miles into a 10k mile life and the truck currently has 30k miles on it. I checked my balance rates, and nothing is out of the ordinary. Could it just be a dirty filter?

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had a truck setting a P0181 that was blowing a lot of black smoke, sensor was bad, customer never complained of loss of power, though it's possible it was there. I was surprised that the sensor being off could cause the smoke, so it's possible that it could cause your loss of power.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, but I already saw this thread - Thats why I mentioned when I cleared the code it was fine and the previous reports from others here made sense with that. I am more interested in the shuddering while accelerating on the highway. It actually did it to me again twice on the way home, but there are no codes again. I was explaining the P0181 situation in case there might be some correlation?

Thanks knight. That seems very possible. It is interesting how one thing can sometimes cause seemingly unrelated issues. I know that GM's bulletins say there should be no driveability issues, but it appears that there is in some cases. As soon as I cleared the code it was back to normal.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
I was actually referring to the TSB for that issue..its in that thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts