Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I’m a first time diesel owner and a first time dually owner. I’ve owned trucks my whole life but I never owned a truck like this or a Diesel engine vehicle.

I bought a 2009 Chevy silverado 3500HD duramx turbo diesel 6.6 with 35k recently and I'm just looking for advice on anything important I should know. One thing I’m coming across in groups is having it deleted and I’m wondering if that’s something I should look into, and to be honest I don’t really know what it is, where I would get it done or what it would cost. I’ll also take any advice about this truck you could give me. I’d greatly appreciate it.

thanks

·
Administrator
18,473 Posts
Hi I’m a first time diesel owner and a first time dually owner. I’ve owned trucks my whole life but I never owned a truck like this or a Diesel engine vehicle.

I bought a 2009 Chevy silverado 3500HD duramx turbo diesel 6.6 with 35k recently and I'm just looking for advice on anything important I should know. One thing I’m coming across in groups is having it deleted and I’m wondering if that’s something I should look into, and to be honest I don’t really know what it is, where I would get it done or what it would cost. I’ll also take any advice about this truck you could give me. I’d greatly appreciate it.

thanks
Welcome to DieselPlace
Congrats on your Diesel purchase
A couple of things you should know to help your Duramax live a long life.

Install lift pump like a Kennedy Single Kennedy Diesel
The stock Duramax does not have a lift pump from the factory. The CP3 pulls fuel from the tank.
Adding a lift pump provides positive pressure to the CP3, giving it less work to do and making the chore of finding any possible fuel leaks a little easier on you.

Adding extra fuel filtration also helps the fuel system.
Investing in an engine monitor system like an Edge CTS3 will allow you to watch injector balance rates, check codes and watch engine functions while on the go, saving you some diagnostic time if a problem should ever arise.

Deleting your LMM for performance is dependant on your State/County and Federal regulations.
If you are interested in performance mods for your LMM I would recommend that you contact John Kennedy over at Kennedy Diesel using the link info I posted.
John is very knowledgeable about performance mods for the Duramax and can help you determine which direction to go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts