Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having problems switching tanks on our 87 6.2 diesel and i installed a new dash switch cause the old one was feeling funky when switching. any way i ask gm about the frame mounted tank switch and they are telling me 135 bucks i think the factory ones were made by pollack or something on that speed. does anyone have a cheaper substitute for this part that isn't quit so spendy. i want to retain my dash switch if i can.

·
Registered
16 Posts
A few years ago i had same problem with my 84, went to Big A Auto parts store here, was about half of Gm price.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i use carquest locally have to give them a ring . was there today but bought stuff for another project. thanks cornbinder29 got a kick out of your name it was my dad's cb handle back in the early 70's. we had a 69 travelall and a 72 pickup.

·
Registered
706 Posts
i have bought pollack 3 way valves at autozone for $25 and used them for a while on my veggie system, it would probably work just fine for diesel but i eventually replaced it with a very heavy duty hydraulic three way valve, which was about $90, still cheaper than GM and basically indestructable at any pressure or temp, made by Hydraforce and sold by Frybrid in Seattle but took about a month to get - if you plan to run veggie in one of those tanks that would be a good way to go.
Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts