Diesel Place banner

Looking for a roof rack

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Muddy Tires 
#1 ·
I am not finding anything. The only company that made them that I can find, discontinued the product. They said they are in the process kf doing a redesign because they purchased the product line, and didnt like the quality... not sure if this is true or not.
Its a KC roof rack, part number 92011.
The only one I found was on ebay. Does anyone know if that would work fine?

See less See more
#3 ·
Measure out the dimensions of your roof and then decide what you would like to build the rack with ( ie. square tubing, round stock, etc..)
Cut the pieces and weld. add on some attachment points and bolt it down to the roof and seal out moisture

#5 ·
NO, this is what I said.

vvvvvvvvvvvv

Cut the pieces and weld. add on some attachment points and bolt it down to the roof and seal out moisture
If you bolt it down to the roof you make it convenient to remove the rack when no longer needed

#8 ·
What other options would there be instead of a roof rack? I was wanting a goose neck, and thought the roof rack would be a good option. Seems a lot of people hate that idea on reddit. I can see their point, and drilling holes or even welding to the top could be dumb.

do you guys like roof racks on trucks?

#9 ·
I have a gooseneck attachment in the center of my bed and when it's not needed it folds down inside and gives me the entire bed to use.
When hauling the gooseneck trailer, if I ever need to haul things I just put it inside of the trailer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.