Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Triple Dog for my 2004.5 LLY and i got some questions for anyone who knows.

1 - does the BD TD affect the transmission shifting in any way? on tow/economy and performance the truck seems to shift normal but on extreme it seems that when it goes to upshift the engine will gain 2-300 revs very quickly just before shift. is this the t/c opening up or is it just that the engine does not defuel on extreme?

2 - also on extreme the truck seems to surge a bit or the tranny is wandering. im not sure which maybe the t/c is opening and closing??? it is not a huge surge but i can feel it. engine rpm and speed seems fairly constant. any ideas?

Maybe i am being paranoid because i always feel unsure of modifications.

Lookin for answers.
THX

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
When you change power levels especially when going from a stock power which you Allison is used to to a much higher power level you shifts will not perform as you'd expect. The TCM has to adapt the trans to the new power. Take it easy on it for a bit and the shifts should start to smoot out.

The surging could just be the way the BD performs. I've been fighting a surging problem with the tune I've been workin on with my EFILive.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Just pulled a triple dog out of an '02 because it was killing the trans. Pretty raw/unrefined power if you ask me..

But since Stacy David (Trucks) likes it, it must be good.. And man It can tow 130,000 lbs now. It's got to be good :rolleyes:

·
Vendor
9,678 Posts
Glad someone else said it for once. People think I make it up when I dislike something...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Just pulled a triple dog out of an '02 because it was killing the trans. Pretty raw/unrefined power if you ask me..

But since Stacy David (Trucks) likes it, it must be good.. And man It can tow 130,000 lbs now. It's got to be good :rolleyes:
It is raw. is there better solutions out there? if so how much is it?. ive had the truck for about 2 years now but have only recently started lookin into tweakin it, so i am keen to learn. I will only have this truck for another 6 - 8 months then new one. so i need to learn now for the next truck.

THX

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
EFILive tuning can make you some nice useable power..

Edge,predator, VanAaken are nice power adders.. Edge is probably the best for you though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts