Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's a 1995 2500 with 168,000 miles all power.....has an oil leak around the oil filter and a leak in the fuel tank...i think it might need a glow controller(only cycles glow plugs once) it started right up after a couple cracks(been settin' for a mouth)....has new tires 305/75/16....needs front seat covers...

going to take it for a drive tomorrow....i can get it for $2000.00

i'll post pic's

what do you'al think?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
btw it's a 4x4...

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
no rust body in great shape...has ground effects...and it's black with mag wheels

has 3" straight pipe...but needs a 3" down pipe

·
Registered
953 Posts
Good grief, if you can afford it, and need it, why are you hesitating? It's a good year (Isn't that the 599 block?) and it has the newer dash, but ODB1, so ECM upgrades are cheaper. 168K on the block isn't much if maintenance was done regularly. How's it drive? I'd get it, understanding you might need to pour some bucks into it to get it right (I'd figure $1000-2000, but that's me... I'm pretty picky, esp. if it is a safety issue, like brakes.)

Have fun!

Rob :)

·
Registered
783 Posts
I want it!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'm goin' to take it for a drive this morning and i'll post some pic's

·
Registered
478 Posts
I am definitely getting my next Burban in the States. Its like you have no Ideal of the value of a Truck.

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
I am definitely getting my next Burban in the States. Its like you have no Ideal of the value of a Truck.
Maybe I should take mine to Canada to sell it when I'm done with it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have owned a 1995 K2500 sub for 3 years and 40k miles now. My entire family loves this rig. We drive it probably 65% of the time. The much more fuel efficient, but arguably less comfortable VW cabrio is driven the other 35%.

When I first got this rig, it blew both head gaskets. I cursed the beast for two weeks. I then proceeded to rebuild the top end, install new injectors, replace the harmonic balancer, remote mount the PMD, install 3’1/2 downpipe and 4” catless magnaflow exhaust… anyhow you get the point.

Once all the factory deficiencies have been addressed, these are really great rigs! I could never imagine ever selling mine. Besides, I know of no other diesel where part prices are comparable to that of a 350 block.

By the way, I used to also own a 1994 6.5 GMC Yukon. That was probably the coolest rig I have ever owned, and I kick myself daily for ever selling that thing.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I paid $4000 for my truck and it had a 11 codes in it 35 36 being two of them and it needed a full transmission rebuild. And I though it was a great deal. I descent one would be $10000

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i went and drove it about 20 miles.. as far as drivin' wise it handled fine .....no pulling ,had good brakes,steering wheel was straight,trans shifted great....ok now to the engine..it started cold after about 3 good cranks....glow only cycled once(when the key was first put to run)...i let it warm up to about 130f(oil pressure 60psi cold 40psi warmed up)....stepped on the peddle and it took off for about 20ft and then it started to buck like a wild horse.....got to the end of there driveway and pulled out on the road and it took off like a scudded dog.....ran great for about 2 miles till the next stop sign....took off again and the buckin' started again...then planed out..

the guy told me that it was caused by the leak in the fuel tank?

the temp gauge never got above 160f(dually at 190f) and the volt gauge stayed at 11volt(never got to 14 like the dually does when runnin')....

when it wasn't buckin' it ran great!!...took it up to 80mph in a heart beat

the buckin' would come and go....mostlly when you was takin' off..

needs driver side door latch work(some times it would let me out!!!),mirror switch didn't work and a few other things....

all and all a pretty nice ride for a 3/4 ton...

i guess i'm gonin' to have to learn about the electronic injection....and i'll need some help on the way!!!

gonin, to pick it up friday...

Attachments

·
Registered
478 Posts
This is what you find in Canada when you are shopping for a diesel Suburban. This was the only diesel for sale today.

Year 1996 Price $10,500
Make GMC Mileage 300,000 km
Model SUBURBAN
Model Detail SLE
Ad Type Private

Note: Information and availability subject to change. Please contact the seller for complete information. Mileage recorded at time of listing.

DESCRIPTION
6.5 diesel, 300,000 km. Low for a diesel, 4x4, new rim, C.I. stock rims & tires. Open to offer or trade. Mint truck. $10,500. or trade.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
About pricing, every vehicle has a price point in the market of potential buyers.That means folks have set point they wont exceed.In this case there is obvously an eager seller that has no regard for the set point price of the Suburban. People here in the US haven't fully realized the reality of the fact that a diesel powered vehicle may be underpriced. Buying a 6.5 Diesel by knowledgeable/informed/wary buyers lowers the price point substancially,IMO

·
Registered
504 Posts
I just bought a 1999 4x4 6.5TD. I have been looking for about a year. Full load vin F leather and excellent condition. Bought it off an anal city bus mechanic.
Started watching it on cragslist for $20,800 it has 200,000km (125,000 miles)
4 month later bought it for $15,500. Subs are rare in Canada. Diesel 4x4 subs are very rare.

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
i picked up mine at an auction for 7,900 CAD at an auction. had 108,000mi on it. ran fine, only problems broken bit on the center console and drivers side power mirror only moved in one axis.

since then i fixed the mirror, put in new speakers, injectors, glow plugs and a heath pmd system. great truck, got good get up and go, and its comfortable.

since then ive looked and cant find a burb in as good a shape, and anything close was over $10,000

·
Registered
565 Posts
When you pick up the Suburban Friday check fuel filter and fuel pump.
Think I've been there.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts