Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was reading Racerock's post about his motor being replaced after having bad injectors fill the oil pan. Has anyone else had issues like this or is his maybe an isolated case? After doing the head gaskets, I had the oil pan fill up with fuel due to a leak in somewhere under one of the valve covers. When I drained the oil, there was about 1.5 gallons of fuel in the pan. It only ran like this for about 10 minutes or so but I've still been kinda nervous about it for long term life of the motor.

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
i wouldn't worry. had it happen to an 01 engine of mine.. motor is still running like a champ and has been very abused. great oil pressure still. the diesel saved us from having to hot tank a lot of stuff when i took it in.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had the injectors go out on a long trip while pulling about 16,000 lbs of lumber uphill on interstate 81 in pa near scranton and it was dark so I could not even see the truck smoking. The truck was still running great so I had no idea until I glanced at the oil pressure and saw 10lbs while doing 65mph. The temp then reached about 210 on the edge moniter so I found the next pull off, A trucker pulled in behind me and commented on the massive amount of smoke I was billowing..anyway there was diesel all over the truck trailer and lumber. I knew what it was and thought the engine was toast... replaced all 8 injectors @ 94,000 and now 146,000 and still going strong, however the oil pressure is slightly lower on the gauge than before, about 20psi hot idle. Overall a pretty tough motor!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts