Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gonna use tony for example cause hes got the hottest thing going.
Is it going to be possible to lock a tun file so one can upload and download, but not be able to see the file. or if someone invest in the kent moonshine do they now loose control of their ECM due to it being locked?
just a few thoughts running through my head considering the purchase.
More than willing to drop a few bucks on a tried and tested program if i can still take it back to stock or put a tow tune in.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Is it going to be possible to lock a tun file so one can upload and download, but not be able to see the file. or if someone invest in the kent moonshine do they now loose control of their ECM due to it being locked?
More than willing to drop a few bucks on a tried and tested program if i can still take it back to stock or put a tow tune in.
With a locked ECM you still have full functionality to clear codes or monitor data using the Scan tool.

What you cannot do is upload or download to the ECM.

My suggestion would be to use a second ECM for your tow tune.

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
If Flashscan2 does what it is rumored to do then it may be possible to do what you are asking, but for now the only choice is to LOCK the ECM's down.

With the DSP2 switchable the choice is there to have two tunes that can be tailored to whatever someone wants.

A tow tune is easy to write.........

As Trippin stated you cannot read or write to the ECM, but can still scan and read any codes, etc.

T;) NY

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get a tranny dude!

In the works.... already got an apointment. i think.

Tony you awnsered my question, i guess ill have to wait and see what in the works I wolnt have the tranny untill may so im in no hurry.

Dare to guess how many hours and $$ you got invested in this tune?

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
In the works.... already got an apointment. i think.

Tony you awnsered my question, i guess ill have to wait and see what in the works I wolnt have the tranny untill may so im in no hurry.

Dare to guess how many hours and $$ you got invested in this tune?
At $1.00/hour for my time I bet it's over $1,000.00.........:eek:

Add in $400.00 for Dyno time so far and you get the picture.

I'll be spending more $$$$$ on dyno time very soon again.

It's a lot of work for sure.

T;) NY

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
At $1.00/hour for my time I bet it's over $1,000.00.........:eek:

Add in $400.00 for Dyno time so far and you get the picture.

I'll be spending more $$$$$ on dyno time very soon again.

It's a lot of work for sure.

T;) NY
And we all love you for it!:eek::

·
Registered
593 Posts
i'm with you blueox03 i'm loving this moonshine tune and it does feel like a new truck. i gave a friend a ride and he couldn't beleive it was a diesel he drives a 03 ford diesel i have to be nice he might be on the site now lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts