Diesel Place banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had some really cool graphics put on my new LBZ. I had planned on putting on a chrome billet locking fuel door ; but, now don't want to mess up the flow of the graphics. Is there just a locking fuel cap? Any ideas where I can find one. I live in SW Oregon.:cool2:

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Dealer sells a GM accessory locking gas cap...

What city are you located in?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Do you have part # for the locking gas cap?

·
Registered
592 Posts
here ya go for the locking gas cap part # GM# 15070014.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've got a locking cap for my traded 2003 Dmax ... checked with dealer to see if he had one for the 2006 LBZ ... no luck. Then I had him cross reference the original 2003 cap with the original 2006 cap ... they had different parts numbers.

From this I figure (maybe incorrectly) that there might have been some change in the pressure ratings or whatever ... afraid to try the 2003 locking cap on my 2006 LBZ ... don't want to get that dreaded "check engine" light to come on (with my luck ... in the middle of nowhere).

·
Registered
843 Posts
I was just at the dealer to buy the above listed cap for my '05. The part # listed above is for '01-'03 duramaxes. I had the parts guy check to see if the filler neck/bases were the same for the earlier trucks as mine. They were NOT. I did not want to get a CEL and be out $18. I passed. Hopefully there will be one available for the newer trucks soon.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
Locking fuel caps or fuel door should be standard items. A siphoned tank of fuel can approach $100.00.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
I've got a locking cap for my traded 2003 Dmax ... checked with dealer to see if he had one for the 2006 LBZ ... no luck. Then I had him cross reference the original 2003 cap with the original 2006 cap ... they had different parts numbers.

From this I figure (maybe incorrectly) that there might have been some change in the pressure ratings or whatever ... afraid to try the 2003 locking cap on my 2006 LBZ ... don't want to get that dreaded "check engine" light to come on (with my luck ... in the middle of nowhere).

you can send it to me to put on my 03 ):h :D :ro)

·
Banned
569 Posts
I picked up a Stant cap at Wal-Mart about a month ago for my '05. I don't remember the part number, but I have had no problems at all with fuel delivery or pressure. Wal-Mart also has a fairly liberal return policy, so I figured if it didn't work, I could take it back.

Joseph

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Not sure about the model years between 03-05 but the locking cap that I had on my 02 is the same as my 06.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I checked with the local dealer about the locking gas cap. One of the parts guys said he might be able to cross reference a locking gas cap for me if I give him my VIN # I'll try that next. Thanks guys. PS to Max Payne I live in Prospect.

·
Registered
629 Posts
See my garage... both a picture (right side) and a direct link to the locking cap on the AC-delco Direct website (on the left hand side). --Paul.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts