Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do these trucks have lockers or some sort of posi trac? Do they need additives? The reason I'm asking is: The other day I locked it in 4hi at a stop light and put it back in 2 further down the road. I went to the mall and parked. When turning right out of the mall parking lot it started jumping and wouldn't harldy turn. I convinced myself it was stuck in 4 because I pused the 2hi button again and it didn't do it the rest of the way home. Then last night (4 days later) I was getting back on the highway, after trading my left leg for some diesel, it did it again. I was turning right. Only this time it seemed to come from the back. It acts like my mud truck with the welded rearend. It felt like it was spinning the right tire and it was wheel-hopping. It doesn't do it all the time but I sure don't like it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Yes there is the G80 locker in there. Mine did wierd stuff once. I was in a parking lot, and it felt exactly like the rear was welded, it woulnt unlock. We are all waiting for a good locker/LSD to come out for the AAM axle we have. They do not require an addative. Just use sythetic and it will be fine.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
have you checked your oil level? I read here about low oil level from the factory. I checked mine and sure enough it was a quart low. You may have the same issue, and possibly more now.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took the top plug out and it started running out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts