Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've been researching locker option for my 2013 express with GM 14 bolt. It has the factory G80, but i'm getting it re-geared for the larger wheels(4x4). Thinking of throwing in a Air locker while I'm at it.

My research says its a 30 spline with 10.5 ring gear and ARB RD114 should work on mine. However per amazon's vehicle compatibility logic it is not compatible with my van.

Any one on here knows which of the ARB locker will work on mine?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
Hi,

I've been researching locker option for my 2013 express with GM 14 bolt. It has the factory G80, but i'm getting it re-geared for the larger wheels(4x4). Thinking of throwing in a Air locker while I'm at it.

My research says its a 30 spline with 10.5 ring gear and ARB RD114 should work on mine. However per amazon's vehicle compatibility logic it is not compatible with my van.

Thanks
Do not put any faith in Amazon compatibility garbage and I have found it to be wrong on several items.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Karma

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Hi,

Thanks
While I’m a big fan of the ARB lockers, I run them front and rear on my wheeling truck, I’d go with the Eaton true trac. I bought one for my 2016 van just haven’t put it in yet.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi,

Thanks
The 3500 should have the 11.5" 14 bolt. The one I just bought does.

The 10.5" 14bff will have a ring of bolts around the pinion yoke, owing to having a separable pinion bearing carrier.

The 11.5" is used in 1 ton vehicles and does not have the separable pinion bearing carrier, which means there will not be a ring of bolts around the pinion yoke.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The 3500 should have the 11.5" 14 bolt. The one I just bought does.

The 10.5" 14bff will have a ring of bolts around the pinion yoke, owing to having a separable pinion bearing carrier.

The 11.5" is used in 1 ton vehicles and does not have the separable pinion bearing carrier, which means there will not be a ring of bolts around the pinion yoke.

My 3500 van has the 10.5" 14 bolt GM has used forever with the bolt in pinion. I thought only the pickup trucks got the 11.5"

·
Registered
84 Posts
GDMF... why can't I edit a post when I screw it up?
Better size:

That's one the eBay seller sent before I took possession of the vehicle... hence the flat tire.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
They used 2 axles depending on if you got a locker or not.

·
Administrator
16,000 Posts
Will I ever be able to edit posts?
New members are under certain restrictions (Editing is one)until the following is met.
When you reach 30 days membership in the forums.
When you have created 25 posts in the forums

When both of those conditions are met the restrictions are lifted

If you need assistance with a post just click on the little red triangle under the username within the post and tell staff what is needed or you can post in the "Talk to the Team" section of the forum to reach staff.

:thumb:

·
Registered
826 Posts
We'd need a picture of the back of the axle(cover in particular) to tell what it is; also, there is a label on the backside of the drivers axle tube that has some detail. Finally the RPO sticker on the passenger door will tell you whether or not you have the G80 option and if it list GT4 (3.73) or GT5 (4.10) you'll know you got an optional ratio.

·
Registered
84 Posts
And mine does have the G80 in the 16 for sure. It has saved me from being stuck more than once!
I rented the small U-Haul last fall. I found out it had the G80 when I was backing up a small rise in the yard to get the van into position. I didn't know the specifics of the G80 at the time, so thought it was pretty sweet that U-Haul ordered their cutaway vans with a posi!

I also thought the fact that the digital display in the instrument cluster turned into a tach when I shifted the trans manually was pretty awesome.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts