Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was using my EFILive to show the injec. balances. I did it on my truck with no problems.

Then i took it over to my dads truck (Grey Ghost)(02 LB7)
I did the same procedure from my truck to his and everything went fine until we noticed the rev limiter. Its right around 2200rpm.. After the confusion i decided to flash his stock information back into the truck. But still, The rev limiter is at 2200rpm.

Any idea guys?

-Colin

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Under Parameter ---Rev Limiter "Max RPM Allowed By TCM" it is showing a value of 3468.

To clarify, 3468 is what is called for (set), but the engine will not rev over 2200!

I am at a loss!!!!!!

Colin

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Code:P1781Modules:Description:Transmission Control Module (TCM) MIL Request Circuit

Thats the only code...

Cant believe this is happening.. I was letting a family memeber borrow the truck tomorrow to haul some scrap metal.....

thanks

-Colin

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GOT IT!!!

For some reason EFI thought i had a PTO..the max rpm for that was 2200. I changed it to 3648, flashed into the ecm..and HAHA.. It worked..

Thanks for taking the time to read the thread.

-Colin

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Odd. Good thing you figured it out. That sort of thing is hard to diagnose over the internet.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
_nar_;1603619; said:
Odd. Good thing you figured it out. That sort of thing is hard to diagnose over the internet.

Yea. thats kinda why i was starting to stress a little. I knew it would be tough to explain on the Inet.

and....well.. It was my dad's truck it happend to. so yea.. i was feeling pretty guilty...LOL

-Colin

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sweetdiesel;1605208; said:
Why did it think you had the PTO on?

No idea.. But thats what it thought..

whew! glad thats over with..

-Colin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts