Diesel Place banner

161 - 180 of 1987 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
I forgot a dealer in Eastern PA has an '05 Duramax/ZF-6 regular cab 4x4 dark green w/gray interior 17,000mi asking $26K I think. It should be on autotrader.com, it is in a local publication called the auto locator and should be on their website; auto-locator.com

·
Registered
36 Posts
i have one sitting in my driveway thats for sale... 2003 zf-6 ext. cab short bed with 172k miles....4in exhaust turbo back. k and n. new batteries. dont know what options all came on most zf-6 trucks but mines pretty basic manual windows and locks ...cd player. black bead lock wheels and 305 75 16 bfg all terrains. dealer i bought it from claimed to have put in a new clutch and fly wheel and i would assume this true because theres no slipping when letting this clutch out and theres no slipping in the powerband either... heres a pic and 17k is the price.. st.charles mo. 63304 636 293 3564

·
Registered
529 Posts
i wouldn't mind some pictures of it..

·
Registered
529 Posts
i'm talking to the owner of that gmc right now. the truck is gorgeous.

·
Registered
529 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #168

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah I didnt know what you guys thought but I thought the price was about 3-5k more than what its worth. Its nice, but I personally dont want to buy one that has a programmer on it. I sure wish they made more of these things, I can find 10 allies I like for good deals but finding the right zf6 is harder than heck to do lol

·
Registered
529 Posts
where you from? most guys who know of them on here are aware of 2-3 in our areas. i have 2 within driving distance, both out of my price range, but i plan to make them think i DISLIKE the fact that its a manual.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Im from Idaho. Grew up an hour NW of Boise but go to school in northern Idaho. Im not getting too serious till this semesters up and I go back to work full time but if I find the right one Id take it now. Id like to find a lighter colored (white if i had the choice) xcab of either bed length in a gmc 03+ thats not a base model.

·
Registered
529 Posts
how'd you know to look on autotrader? he sent me the link and said he wasn't going to tell any other bidders this information lol. he also said pulling christmas trees last winter he tipped the scale at an.. intense... 42,800# combination weight

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #175 (Edited)
The only thmuch weight does is bend the rear springs :eek: :rolleyes:,but that's why I upgraded to dually springs. I've been over that 40K mark too.

You may want to tell him I paid $16,200 for my 03 3500 6spd with 77K. It does have a salvage title and a little damage but only like $2K. In good condition with a clear title it'd only be worth $26K max IMO and I wouldn't pay that.

how'd you know to look on autotrader? he sent me the link and said he wasn't going to tell any other bidders this information lol. he also said pulling christmas trees last winter he tipped the scale at an.. intense... 42,800# combination weight

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wasnt looking for that particular rig I was just looking for zf-6's in general and happened to find that one. There is a really nice 05 silver ls with 30k on it but I dont want to pay 27k. It only has 30 some k on it and it even has climate control, something I have not seen before on a zf.

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
There's a reg cab 4x4 6spd with a flatbed here in Neb.

·
Registered
529 Posts
i explained to him that excellent value on that truck was only $24,100 accordind to NADA, he wants me to call him, his price is set high mainly to steer away the tire kickers and the bull shitters. i'm afraid to call him and have him give me a number that will be in my reach, but still higher than i can afford comfortably

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
I wondered who'struck that is :D. It's high but I know what we have in our trucks too :rolleyes:.

Well, I must be smoking the same and its pretty good stuff.:D Mine has 100k and im asking $30,500 in auto trader. I'll go to $27,000 but thats as low as im going. To many extras, a lot of money invested, a lot of good memories, if it sells-it sells/if it dont-it dont

161 - 180 of 1987 Posts