Diesel Place banner

81 - 100 of 1987 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
How about an 02 Crew Cab, Black with a 6 speed....170,000 miles, thinking about a new one. Very Clean 2500 HD. I have no idea what I would want for it yet.

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
mwhitfil;1986109; said:
How about an 02 Crew Cab, Black with a 6 speed....170,000 miles, thinking about a new one. Very Clean 2500 HD. I have no idea what I would want for it yet.
I thought you had a 3500? Let me know how much. I need a dually,but other guys I run into are looking for ZF6 trucks.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Last February, I went to trade my '02 3500 ExCab 4X4 DRW ZF six speed 8.1. I ordered it that way. Had 17,000 miles on it (only towed the 5th wheel). Dealer I originally ordered it from thought I was crazy (checked and rechecked the order) — said I would never be able to sell it. In attempting to trade it, dealers didn't want it and would give nuttin for it. Soooooo, ran an ad to sell it myself. Phone rang off the hook. First caller made an offer. Second met my price and wanted to come that night at 11:00 (he had been looking for one at a dealer who had brushed me off). Could have sold 20 of them. I now have the same truck ('07 Classic) in a crew and DMax/Allison. DMax is fine. Allison easily runs near overheat on long, steep tow in hot weather (goes into big fan and slush mode) — Allison and Chevy know of the problem. I want my old 6 speed manual. It didn't even need a temp gauge!

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
enahs;1994759; said:
Last February, I went to trade my '02 3500 ExCab 4X4 DRW ZF six speed 8.1. I ordered it that way. Had 17,000 miles on it (only towed the 5th wheel). Dealer I originally ordered it from thought I was crazy (checked and rechecked the order) — said I would never be able to sell it. In attempting to trade it, dealers didn't want it and would give nuttin for it. Soooooo, ran an ad to sell it myself. Phone rang off the hook. First caller made an offer. Second met my price and wanted to come that night at 11:00 (he had been looking for one at a dealer who had brushed me off). Could have sold 20 of them. I now have the same truck ('07 Classic) in a crew and DMax/Allison. DMax is fine. Allison easily runs near overheat on long, steep tow in hot weather (goes into big fan and slush mode) — Allison and Chevy know of the problem. I want my old 6 speed manual. It didn't even need a temp gauge!
The thing is more and more people are relizing that the ZF6 is/was better and now we can't get it because of no-one buying them when they were avaliable :mad: . I'll keep driving mine. I'd like a 8.1/ZF6 too just to play around with,maybe use for a ranch truck.

We need to dig that petetion up and hit GM hard with it!!!

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
01Duramax6spd;1995492; said:
The thing is more and more people are relizing that the ZF6 is/was better and now we can't get it because of no-one buying them when they were avaliable :mad: . I'll keep driving mine. I'd like a 8.1/ZF6 too just to play around with,maybe use for a ranch truck.

We need to dig that petetion up and hit GM hard with it!!!
It would have been much more apealing if it didn't have a POS dual mass flywheel and could be had with the normal LLY and LBZ power ratings. If I end up getting another DMax I think I'm going to look for a ZF-6 truck.

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
JoshH;1995549; said:
It would have been much more apealing if it didn't have a POS dual mass flywheel and could be had with the normal LLY and LBZ power ratings. If I end up getting another DMax I think I'm going to look for a ZF-6 truck.
True,but I was told Peter at SBC did try to work with GM but apparently they didn't go for it :mad: .

·
Registered
75 Posts
I thought I had the ony 6 speed with the way the dealer talked. Told me i would never be able to sell it. :mad: I am paying for it, I drive sticks!!! I had to wait 4 1/2 months for the truck. Well worth the wait. Special order SLE reg cab 2500. Love every thing about the truck exept the clutch. Pedal sticks to the floor when under full power. Glad to see i'm not the only driver who likes to shift his own cogs.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Christopher06;2004995; said:
I thought I had the ony 6 speed with the way the dealer talked. Told me i would never be able to sell it. :mad: I am paying for it, I drive sticks!!! I had to wait 4 1/2 months for the truck. Well worth the wait. Special order SLE reg cab 2500. Love every thing about the truck exept the clutch. Pedal sticks to the floor when under full power. Glad to see i'm not the only driver who likes to shift his own cogs.
you need to join the brotherhood of handshaker's

·
Registered
75 Posts
What is brotherhood of hand shakers?

·
Registered
75 Posts
where do I join?

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Christopher06;2006536; said:
where do I join?
Somewhere on the first page of 6spd OEM.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I have to confess that in the new DMax/Allison, I occasionally unconsciously reach out to put my hand on the ZF 6 speed shifter. Aaaaahhhh, that was the transmission — even a place to rest your hand without unintentionally shifting into manual mode. The Allison is good, but it is less than it is made out to be. BTW, when I ordered my '02 6 speed, one dealer refused to place my order without a $6000 deposit. When I asked why, he said that if I didn't buy it after it arrived he would be stuck with it. I said "You had a 6 speed on the lot last month. What happened to it?" He replied, "We sold it." As it turns out, I didn't deal with that fool even though we agreed on a price. I was willing to put 6K down, but the dealer said that if it arrived damaged, it was still mine. Nuff said.

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
I just flat out don't like driving Ally's under any conditions :eek: . My ZF6 performs better under all conditions IMO,except maybe rush hour stop and go,but even then I need something for my hand to rest on :rolleyes: :D .
I'll keep driving stick trucks as long as I possibly can.

enahs: You're right,the Ally isn't what it's cracked up to be. It is the best auto but still nothing like a stick.

·
Registered
144 Posts
05 zf6

I have been thinking about downsizeing to a smaller pickup, anyone be interested in my 05 duramax 6 speed manual extended cab 2500 long box 4x4,, sandstone ,36,441 miles no dents or dings, has a few scratches on the sides from brush. 29,500?

·
Registered
37 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #99

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
trapper704;2023186; said:
I have been thinking about downsizeing to a smaller pickup, anyone be interested in my 05 duramax 6 speed manual extended cab 2500 long box 4x4,, sandstone ,36,441 miles no dents or dings, has a few scratches on the sides from brush. 29,500?
What options inside? I know a couple guys looking for ZF6 trucks.

81 - 100 of 1987 Posts