Diesel Place banner

21 - 40 of 1987 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Where to post

I saw where someone had said that every truck that was posted here with a 6 speed sold quickly....I have an 01 Crew Cab 4X4 160,000 for sale with the 6 speed. Is there a for sale section to post it...I didnt see it but will look again

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
mwhitfil;1742393; said:
I saw where someone had said that every truck that was posted here with a 6 speed sold quickly....I have an 01 Crew Cab 4X4 160,000 for sale with the 6 speed. Is there a for sale section to post it...I didnt see it but will look again
PM sent.

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
I offered $25,500 and was told I needed to be a little closer to $27,500. I'll see what the bank says and go from there.

My question is it's listed in TN and GA and that seems odd.

·
Registered
348 Posts
the mechanic;1744761; said:
How come on the GM website when you try to option your dream truck it says you can only get the allinson with the diesel.
ZF = No longer available.....

the Allison has a "manual" mode or whatever..... what more do you want??

kinda sad for us, but it happens

later, TW

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Manuel mode just does not cut it :rolleyes: . Not even close to a 6spd.

·
Registered
348 Posts
01Duramax6spd;1744858; said:
Manuel mode just does not cut it :rolleyes: . Not even close to a 6spd.
what really bothers me is when I'm on autotrader and put "manual" for the transmission, and it comes up with umpteen million (dramatization) results..... "allison 6 speed manual"...... I just wanna see if there are any good zf trucks on there, and I have to sort through the allison trucks too...I'm sure you know what I'm talking about...

This problem isn't as bad as I make it sound like, but I just have to complain sometimes...

later, TW

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
t_dub1571;1746642; said:
what really bothers me is when I'm on autotrader and put "manual" for the transmission, and it comes up with umpteen million (dramatization) results..... "allison 6 speed manual"...... I just wanna see if there are any good zf trucks on there, and I have to sort through the allison trucks too...I'm sure you know what I'm talking about...

This problem isn't as bad as I make it sound like, but I just have to complain sometimes...

later, TW
I know it PO's me too. As long as I leave 06' off it's OK.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
MAX707 has a 6 speed duramax with almost 600 RWHP.

·
Registered
663 Posts
tysmith;1747278; said:
I'd like to see actual #'s for '06 ZF's made. I would bet it was the year with the fewest made. :(
I would actually expect the opposite. I was in no hurry to buy a new truck, but ran out and ordered one when I found out the ZF was going away. I'm willing to bet I'm not in the minority when it comes to '06 ZF owners. I didn't want the shame of being the second Dodge owner in the family.(BTW, the first converted back to GMC.)

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
tysmith;1747741; said:
When are we going to get the news of the new addition?

You know you want that green dually... :D

:cool:
You bet :D ,I want it bad :rolleyes: ,but I got tyed up with a job yesterday and didn't call the bank and talk with them,so it'll have to wait till monday :( .
The only problem is getting it home. It's 1400mi away.

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
OK,now Green GMC VS Green Chevy. GMC has 42K and the Chevy has 102K but is the GMC worth the extra $$$$. I offered $18K on the Chevy today just for fun. That would make in $9K cheaper if they take the offer.
I'd rather have the GMC but the Chevy isn't very far away and that other $9K could be spent on mods :D .
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Well, they'd match if you got the Chevy... 102k isn't alot of miles...

$9k is a decent chunk of change, too. I'm confused, I can only imagine what you're going through...

I think I'd get the Jimmy, but that's me....

:confuzeld

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I'm only going to buy one,just have to decide which one.I too like the GMC better,but what each dealer can do pricewise will probably determine what I do. Wish I could buy 2 but don't need 2 CC Duallys...............yet :D .

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I meant the two Chevy's, your current 2500 and the new to you 3500. :)

Though two mean green duallies would look sweet in the fleet...:D

The way I run my vehicles, I keep them forever. That's the only reason I'd opt for the Jimmy over the Chevy. Start out with a lower base mileage.

Having ~$8-9k to play with would be nice, though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
What year GMC and what year Chevy?

Any difference other then mileage, like options?

21 - 40 of 1987 Posts