Diesel Place banner

301 - 320 of 1987 Posts

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
That truck is pretty much exactly what I'm lookin' for! Good color too! One thing that may be a challenge is that I'd need to either have it delivered to Montana to drive down with the car hauler and haul my current daily driver back home with it, or I'd need to get my passport so I could fly down and drive it home.

Of course, there is always concerns of how accurate the description of the truck is, and making sure it is in as good of shape as it appears. I've seen a number of these trucks in the 40 - 50 000 mile range up here, but all of them are ex fleet trucks, and have had the crap beat out of them already...

Assuming that the truck is a good rig, and was owned by a private citizen before this dealership got ahold of it, a similar truck sold up here would be priced in the $30 - 35 000 range.

Regardless, I'm gonna have to chat with a buddy of mine who has brought three vehicles in from the states and see what is involved with doing so. Having a dealership selling it brings a bunch of comfort, as they can help deal with papers, and possibly help with supplying a warantee of some sort...

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I understand. That's a long drive based on my description.

·
Registered
955 Posts
If you can find a ZF within a 100 miles of you that you actually are interested in you should consider yourself very lucky.

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #304
I'd trade my 03 3500 ZF6 for a 4500 or 5500 4x4 ZF6 which I know they never made :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'd trade my '05 for your '03 OR your '01, Kyle. lol

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #306 (Edited)
Lol,I'm sure. I'm not parting ways with the 01 and the only way I'd get rid of the 03 is if I find a Crew Cab just like it or a 4500/5500 4x4 ZF6 so I can meet DOT requirements.

I'd trade my '05 for your '03 OR your '01, Kyle. lol

·
Registered
529 Posts
naw I'm buying another old chev to use as my tow rig. it's gonna get the cummins treatment. :) and for all the hauling you do, it'd be just as easy to buy a Pete 379.

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
I can't cruise a Pete. When I go to Colorado with a load or to get one I unhook and terrorize the local ricers and off brand trucks :eek: :D. Nothing like doing that in a 4x4 Topkick :cool:

naw I'm buying another old chev to use as my tow rig. it's gonna get the cummins treatment. :) and for all the hauling you do, it'd be just as easy to buy a Pete 379.

·
Registered
529 Posts
when I find out what the new truck has for a rear, I might take that Eaton off your hands. will let you know via PM. I'm done cluttering the ZF thread.....

..for now.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ok sorry to vent, but I have been looking off and on for awhile for a cc/sb zf6. I learned from you guys on this site how to search on autotrader. Why is I can do a search and half the trucks that turn up are auto. Are the people that put them on brain dead that they can not tell the difference from stick and auto.

I am holding out for a white CC SB 4x4. I will start searching bigtime after new years
( SOULD have the bank account were I want it for a nice down payment)

Well thanks for the vent.

Roger

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #311
I know,it pisses me off too. Keep looking you'll find one there :cool:.

Ok sorry to vent, but I have been looking off and on for awhile for a cc/sb zf6. I learned from you guys on this site how to search on autotrader. Why is I can do a search and half the trucks that turn up are auto. Are the people that put them on brain dead that they can not tell the difference from stick and auto.

I am holding out for a white CC SB 4x4. I will start searching bigtime after new years
( SOULD have the bank account were I want it for a nice down payment)

Well thanks for the vent.

Roger

·
Registered
28 Posts
Zf6

I just happen to know where two reg. cab 4x4 ZF6 duramaxs are.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Don't suppose either is in Canuckistan eh?

Still keeping my eyes open for a local truck that wasn't used as a fleet truck...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Zf6

They are in Texas at a local dealer.

·
Registered
426 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #319