Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just ready to put my Reese 16K Slider hitch in my 2004 EX/SB D/A. Where should the pin be located? 1 1/2 inches ahead of the rear axle seems about right, but I don't want to drill holes until I am sure. Any insights.

Jay

·
Registered
42,913 Posts
Sounds about right.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is your Pullrite set at about that dimension? There is no adjustment on the Reese, so if you want to change it, all the holes have to be redrilled etc. Thus my caution.

Thanks, Jay

·
Registered
408 Posts
If You Need Measurement From The Tail Gate In, On The Short Bed I Can Measure It ?
But 1 1/2 Sound About RightEdited by: RUMAXED

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Bluejay, I don't know if you have completed your install or not, but I installed a 15K Reese using the recently available custom no drill frame mounts yesterday. This is my fourth hitch install and it was by far the easiest. Drilling the frame holes was tough on the first three but this one fit very well and only had to drill the holes through the bed. It put the king pin about 1" forward of the axle as best I can tell. The only deviation I made to the instructions was using 7/8" bolts instead of the supplied 3/4" and the method I used to locate the bed holes in relation to the frame bracket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts