Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone load a predator tune without pulling the recommended fuses? Kinda gets old after awhile. Also, I set a p0700 code and cleared it with the predator. The check engine light went off, the question is does the TCM still have a fault code? I have access to a tech II if needed.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
i just did it the other day and didnt have any problems

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I've been changing tunes back and fourth for 3 months and never pulled the fuses and so far no problems.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I dont pull the fuses. I do turn off the radio, mirror, heat and my radar detector. If your batteries are good you shouldnt have a problem.
ac

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am not sure how to clear 0700 code. I tried clearing with Predator but it still shows up if you check for codes. My dash light is off and tranny shifts fine so who knows.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yes, 0700 is tranny. Predator can't pull the TCU codes. I had a transfer case encoder motor sensor throw it. You get any funky 4wd behavior?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Do It All Thje Time

lytchro24;1568419; said:
anyone load a predator tune without pulling the recommended fuses? Kinda gets old after awhile. Also, I set a p0700 code and cleared it with the predator. The check engine light went off, the question is does the TCM still have a fault code? I have access to a tech II if needed.
I do it all the time. like you I got tierd of pulling fuses. Perdator will NOT clear codes yet stell waiting for the promised update :mad:

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
avc8130;1568690; said:
I dont pull the fuses. I do turn off the radio, mirror, heat and my radar detector. If your batteries are good you shouldnt have a problem.
ac
Exacly, I turn the radio off, heat/AC...I never pulled fuses and I had ZERO issues

Erkius;1583736; said:
I do it all the time. like you I got tierd of pulling fuses. Perdator will NOT clear codes yet stell waiting for the promised update :mad:
The one I just sold does.....

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I've only had one code set and my Predator cleared it. I have the last release so maybe they have fixed the problem.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have loaded/changed tunes 10+ times, never pulled a fuse.

Just get in, turn everything off, set the parking brake (this keeps the lights from coming on when you turn on the ignition), plug in Pred, follow directions. no problems, good luck

·
Banned
720 Posts
that is just precautions for the cover my butt conditions for the manufacture to get out of fixing some thing if it got messed up and if they ask if you pulled the fuses and if you said no then they would be clear

1 - 11 of 11 Posts