Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so confused as to what to do. I bought my dad's truck at 88,000 miles and got a delete and an H&S Tune. I love stage four, or (Performance / 170 HP). I do also have an S&B intake. I have read that Allison is the weak part here, and I've read from everything ranging from 20 hp more will be bad, but then some people are 225 HP over stock and still driving strong.

I would ideally like to keep stage four but if it's not good then, I can go to stage three which is considered to be "Street / 120 HP" ...

I can't tell some peoples figures what the Allison will handle. Some say 500-600 RWHP, so with that tune I'm at 535 but does that mean at the crank, or at the wheels? At the wheels I'd be probably like 485?

Any thoughts on keeping it stage 3 "Street" or stage 4 "performance"

I'm a noob to the whole trucking tuning as it's very different from cars and what they can handle.

·
Administrator
16,070 Posts
Anything above 50-90 hp you should really think about upgrading your Allison or you're going to hurt the trans.
I would call and talk with someone who knows the Allison like Mike L from Inglewood Transmission in Southern California.
He can really give you some insight into what needs to be done and why.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts