Diesel Place banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
the last two mornings when I start my truck, it instantly dies. after about 30 seconds of whirling over it starts back up and runs fine all day. could be losing prime? thats what it feels like but not sure. Anybody else have this problem?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Could be. Why not try priming it with the pump located on the fuel filter before starting it tomorrow morning. Just pump until the pressure builds up and it's hard to pump anymore. If it instantly dies again, then it's probably something else.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
re

no. it has not been changed lately.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
re

it did it again this morning. it started then died. would not start. I pumped the primer till it got hard to push, it fired right up . So, it is losing prime..??????

·
Registered
16,237 Posts
I think it is the same problem I have seen on mine, fuel filter sucking air, tighten it and check the wif and make sure it is tight

·
Registered
61 Posts
Andy, did you ever figure out what your problem was on yours. A couple weeks or so ago mine started to do the same thing. Changed the filter and it still does it. Have not checked crankcase for fuel yet, but just changed oil a while before and didnt notice anything.
Thanks
Trent

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just had exactly the same issue. I took it to the dealer, they kept it overnight, and said they couldn"t reproduce the problem. I told them it was a "losing prime" issue. They said they would keep it overnight again.....I demanded a loaner or rental. After arguing for a few minutes, I got the rental. The next morning they called and said there was nothing wrong. I asked to speak with the manager, I told him that I would take my truck back, but the next time it didn"t start, I was gonna call his cell phone and demand a flatbed towtruck, and another rental.........He decided to "give it another look", and what do you know......they found a small leak at the filter housing. Fixed.no more problems.

Funny how after doing some research on this site, you usually know more about what is wrong with your truck than the guy working on it.....and can often see through their BS.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Report the situation to GM complaint line they will get on that. They want happy customers not that too bad it's your problem thing from dealer services.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I just had exactly the same issue. I took it to the dealer, they kept it overnight, and said they couldn"t reproduce the problem. I told them it was a "losing prime" issue. They said they would keep it overnight again.....I demanded a loaner or rental. After arguing for a few minutes, I got the rental. The next morning they called and said there was nothing wrong. I asked to speak with the manager, I told him that I would take my truck back, but the next time it didn"t start, I was gonna call his cell phone and demand a flatbed towtruck, and another rental.........He decided to "give it another look", and what do you know......they found a small leak at the filter housing. Fixed.no more problems.

Funny how after doing some research on this site, you usually know more about what is wrong with your truck than the guy working on it.....and can often see through their BS.
Its called $$$$, they only get so much $$ for diagnostics

·
Registered
53 Posts
And lose more $$$$ when people get frustrated and buy another brand.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.