Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The truck that i test drove was recalled 2 days ago becuase apparentlly a few of them have cought on fire. GM claims its something to do with the doul alt's. my vote is they blame it on the DPF ):h

·
Registered
340 Posts
This will give the ford guys some amo.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
I sure hope they changed those bastard...
<-- Dual Alts... on 07 LBZ

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just figured id post it to everyones aware of it

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I had a look at the bulletins and I couldn't find anything about this.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hey buddy how did you get to drive that truck? and how was that performance? after tha dpf crap . I drove a new f250 with all the emisions crap and I think the 2006 are faster and have a better take off, I bet is all the crap under the body. did you feel any diference from the Lbz and the lmm in performance? and if you did was it for the worst or the better. I order my truck with dual alt. I hope that's not what caused them to cough on fire:mad: not
BlackHawkTDI;1591402; said:
The truck that i test drove was recalled 2 days ago becuase apparentlly a few of them have cought on fire. GM claims its something to do with the doul alt's. my vote is they blame it on the DPF ):h

·
Registered
295 Posts
If its a recall then why would GM BS about it being the alts if its actually the DPF? I ordered one and can't wait. Oh and if it has problems I guess they'll have to fix it. I held off on the 07 Classic to get the 07.5. I can't stand to pay that much for a vehicle that will be outdated in 2 months.

·
Registered
199 Posts
i too cant wait. ordered an 08 gmc myself with the dual alts. hopefully they solve the issue before hand. how did you like the truck?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the truck was nice, it drove like the LBZ but was a little slower on the take off. other than that it felt like a LBZ.....a little stiff in the suspention but a nice ride. and dont ask me how i got to drive it. the dealership didnt even know they had the truck until i pointed it out. they had no invoice for it and the guy told me they'd sell it to me for 40K on the spot without and invoice. haha

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I doubt it's a recall

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well this one didnt burst into flame but other have, so im guessing that a little problem that GM needs to address, there for they are recalling the LMM's with the problem.

·
Registered
91 Posts
MRC;1591588; said:
If its a recall then why would GM BS about it being the alts if its actually the DPF? I ordered one and can't wait. Oh and if it has problems I guess they'll have to fix it. I held off on the 07 Classic to get the 07.5. I can't stand to pay that much for a vehicle that will be outdated in 2 months.
I respectfully disagree with you that a 07 Classic is outdated. The design, body style, and duramax/Allison combination are a key part of this classic marque. It's almost like saying that a 67 Corvette is outdated. Like the Corvettes, these trucks will stay highly desireable by the general public and enthusiasts for many years to come. JMO

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I couldn't find a recall either...

It's all BS and hearsay until it is on paper.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Max Payne;1594692; said:
I couldn't find a recall either...

It's all BS and hearsay until it is on paper.
:exactly:

·
Registered
281 Posts
duliano;1594646; said:
I respectfully disagree with you that a 07 Classic is outdated. The design, body style, and duramax/Allison combination are a key part of this classic marque. It's almost like saying that a 67 Corvette is outdated. Like the Corvettes, these trucks will stay highly desireable by the general public and enthusiasts for many years to come. JMO
So says a new owner of a "Classic". :D

Who cares what other's think or thet the LLM is now out which makes your "Classic" obsolete. Enjoy your truck and drive on.........:)

·
Registered
91 Posts
The Original Diesel;1594702; said:
So says a new owner of a "Classic". :D

Who cares what other's think or thet the LLM is now out which makes your "Classic" obsolete. Enjoy your truck and drive on.........:)
You're right, I guess I'm a little crabby from all the snowblowing I've had to do over the past week or so. Plus my truck is so dirty from the salt and snow that it is driving me crazy.:banghead:

·
Registered
295 Posts
duliano;1594646; said:
OK I agree in part. I consider a 67 Corvette a classic not an 07 Silverado(only time will tell). The current model Silverado has been an awesome truck and still is and will be for a long time. I just would prefer the new model vs. the current classic and maybe using "outdated" was the wrong choice of words. "Redesigned" model might work better.

·
Registered
16,080 Posts
MRC;1591588; said:
Wait until you are out running around and can't find ULSD to fill the tank. That is why you want the Classic because nationwide mandate for ULSD isn't until 2010.

·
Registered
295 Posts
MGlickLBZ;1594765; said:
Wait until you are out running around and can't find ULSD to fill the tank. That is why you want the Classic because nationwide mandate for ULSD isn't until 2010.
I just counted 41 stations in my area that offer ULSD. I also saw several in neighboring states. This fuel is going to more previlant each passing year up to 2010 and the fuel the "classic" operates best on will be harder & harder to get. I also read on this site about the 3500 LMM that was filled with non ulsd for 5500 miles and seemed to run great without it. Maybe I should be, but I'm just not that concerned about driving around looking for ULSD.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts