Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the maintenance schedule that has been tested over the years will hold true for the new 07.5 LMM's. I understand that I will have to use different rated oil to deal with the new emmissions gear. I have nearly 1000 miles on the new Silverado and I plan to do a lot of towing soon. What schedule are most of you following and when should I do the first fluid change? What brand to use as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
345 Posts
As far as the engine maintainence goes I follow the DIC but ususally change the oil at 30-40% and do a fuel filter at every oil change. For the tranny there is a schedule in the manual that breaks everything out well.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was wondering if the maintenance schedule that has been tested over the years will hold true for the new 07.5 LMM's. I understand that I will have to use different rated oil to deal with the new emmissions gear. I have nearly 1000 miles on the new Silverado and I plan to do a lot of towing soon. What schedule are most of you following and when should I do the first fluid change? What brand to use as well.

Thanks

Nobody wants to chime in?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts