Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I have an 09 lmm, egr is fully deleted. Tuned with efi live and dsp5 switch. The vanes were sticking at 100% and when I would be driving over 50 mph it would start losing power add wouldn't let me accelerate at all. It wouldn't throw any codes but if I cleared codes it would fix the problem. Sometimes for less than 30 seconds. Sometimes for an hour. I replaced the vane position sensor and the vanes are working correctly note but I still lose power with no codes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have an 09 lmm, egr is fully deleted. Tuned with efi live and dsp5 switch. The vanes were sticking at 100% and when I would be driving over 50 mph it would start losing power add wouldn't let me accelerate at all. It wouldn't throw any codes but if I cleared codes it would fix the problem. Sometimes for less than 30 seconds. Sometimes for an hour. I replaced the vane position sensor and the vanes are working correctly note but I still lose power with no codes.
Mine looses power under hard acceleration. I have been told a lift pump will fix it. I just had mine deleted and had the dsp5 switch installed also.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a fass 220 lift pump. It'll do it with my cruise set it just driving any time over 50mph

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It did fix that problem, it also used to tell me to replace my fuel filter after hard acceleration but the lift pump fixed both those problems

·
Registered
29 Posts
It did fix that problem, it also used to tell me to replace my fuel filter after hard acceleration but the lift pump fixed both those problems
I was quoted too have a airdog 100 put on at a nearby diesel shop. They quoted me 900 for the parts and labor. Do you think i would come our cheaper buying the unit myself and having someone install it ? I just fell like 900 is still a little high but idk. I found a fass lift pump for $550 but i have heard the airdog is good also.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was quoted too have a airdog 100 put on at a nearby diesel shop. They quoted me 900 for the parts and labor. Do you think i would come our cheaper buying the unit myself and having someone install it ? I just fell like 900 is still a little high but idk. I found a fass lift pump for $550 but i have heard the airdog is good also.

Ok so i cant find the fass lift pump i was talking about but i can get the airdog 100 for $560 on ebay. I just wonder if i would come out cheaper buying it and having a shop install it. Or how hard is it too install yourself ?

·
Administrator
16,049 Posts

·
Administrator
16,049 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Administrator
16,049 Posts
Would i need the single or the double ?

From the Kennedy website:
My recommendations based on application

Street driven trucks looking for a budget minded setup: Single Pump deluxe kit

Street driven trucks looking for the best setup: Twin pump deluxe kit

Medium duty and those facing fuel supply/low psi issues: Twin pump deluxe kit

HP and race applications: Twin pump everything kit (includes billet pickup and larger supply line)

Reactions: jakep4401

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So does any one have any idea why my truck would be losing power like it is with no codes?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would check that the vanes are moving with a scan tool if they are stuck at 100% I think that you might have a turbo that needs attention
The other things are air filter and exhaust blockage
Also Air flow sensors might need cleaning
Just replaced my turbo as it was stuck and felt like I was driving with an anchor dragging

1 - 15 of 15 Posts