Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys I have recently purchased a 2011 Cadillac Escalade for a Duramax swap. I have a 2006 LBZ complete drivetrain I was wanting to use. My problem is the LBZ won't communicate with the BCM of the caddy because of different communication protocols. If I run the LMM ecm it will work but I'm not sure on the engine programming side if you can control an LBZ with it. If this is possible I will use the LBZ if not I will buy an LMM.

·
Registered
571 Posts
The LBZ engine will work with the LMM ECM & harness. We use LMM engines with LBZ harness and ECM in our 01-06 conversions, when LBZ's arent available.
If you want to trade the LBZ harness and ECM for LMM harness and ECM, I would be willing to do so with you. PM me here or ring my sales staff if interested.

Russ

·
Registered
826 Posts
Resurecting an older thread here, I'm interested in what would need to be done (to the LBZ harness and/or LMM ecm tune) to run an LMM ECM on an LBZ?
I'd like to get to an ECM that works on GM low speed rather than class2, this would allow me to use a newer van dash architecture on my project.
My current set up is all Truck LBZ.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure on the harness but I talked to a pro tuner that said he could tune the lmm ecm for the lbz injectors. I think the maf sensor is different between the two. If you have any questions pm me.

·
Registered
571 Posts
LMM ECM will run LBZ injectors fine without "tuning", we run LMM injectors with LBZ tuning all the time, and the other way around. The MAF and plug are different between the LBZ/LMM correct.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Appreciate the info, if I go down this path its nice to know there aren't any "immovable objects". Using a 2010 express dash/bcm system would bring back the DIC, the proper gear display, radio and phone control on the steering wheel that are all nice upgrades.
I'd have to get a newer transfer case control module (current is class 2) and the ECBM would need to be newer as well...not an easy change but something to kick around.
I need to solve the problems in front of me right now...no throttle response and kicking a Reduce Power Alarm as soon as you apply throttle signal, I think I've got a wire loose somewhere..

·
Registered
826 Posts
Sure you are using a diesel petal? The gasser unit will do just as you explain.
Yep, initially I thought it was a that I was using the diesel van pedal rather than the lbz truck pedal, so I swapped the truck pedal back in and the problem remained.
The problem (my own making) was that when I tapped into a CL2 data line to route to the ABS system I mistakenly grabbed the same color wire (that happened to be the APP2 signal wire). The CL2 voltage was so low that it didn't change the throttle signal amplitude at all, but the ecm must have sensed the noise on that line and triggered the P2138/Reduced Engine Power alarm.
I made the fix and all appears well now(including that I no longer have an ABS light alarm).
I got the module, switch assy and transfer case wiring installed and tested yesterday too; I'll have the cooling stack back in today to fire it back up and test it going through the gears and both drivelines today.
Appreciate the help!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can't change the data which is why I have to go to an LMM ecm when I change to a later model body.

Reactions: LCAC_Man
1 - 11 of 11 Posts