Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i cut all thats off and its been like 3k miles and the check engine light has been on can this hurt anything it seems to run perfect still?Censored

·
Banned
4,035 Posts
at some point your truck will go imto limp mode with out tuneing the dpf out EFI quad hp tuners or ppe all have solutions for this

·
Registered
915 Posts
you really should get a tune that shuts the codes off.

Jody

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
at some point your truck will go imto limp mode with out tuneing the dpf out EFI quad hp tuners or ppe all have solutions for this
x2 I would get some kind of tunning in it so you don't have to worry about it limping.

·
Registered
179 Posts
You are aware that GM will no longer honor your warranty, and you are now subject to the EPA $10,000 fine for modifying your exhaust system.

·
Registered
250 Posts
You are aware that GM will no longer honor your warranty, and you are now subject to the EPA $10,000 fine for modifying your exhaust system.

Just save your stock system for warranty work. I'm thinking about doing the same after Christmas and I called my service manager and asked him about it. He said that changing the exhaust will not void my warranty. It all depends on the service manager. I've never heard of anyone getting a fine at all, let alone a $10,000 fine. Anyone know how much the fines really are?

·
Banned
4,035 Posts
ray Aww i love the 10,000 dollar roomer and it will void you warrnty . this is just not the case if you have proof other wise please post it. the delear by law cannot void your warrnaty by LAW due to modifing something with out conclusivley prooving tht you modifacation was the cause. they could void any thing related to the the exasut system like the dpf. but cant void your warrnty for a borken air bag becasue you moddifed the exuast. and as far as the fine. i have done tons of research and have not found one conclusive case where some one was fined 10,000 let alone a 1,000 for no dpf if you no somting other wise please post it

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
when is it gunna go into limp mode it has 10k miles and still never has

·
Registered
191 Posts
I think it has to do with lack of back presher my 05 did it (cal. emisions) after ex. change ,no limp mode but annoying cel on and slight drop in performance. fixed it with a finger stick (LLY) not lmm . dont know about finger sticks for lmm

·
Registered
7 Posts
ray Aww i love the 10,000 dollar roomer and it will void you warrnty . this is just not the case if you have proof other wise please post it. the delear by law cannot void your warrnaty by LAW due to modifing something with out conclusivley prooving tht you modifacation was the cause. they could void any thing related to the the exasut system like the dpf. but cant void your warrnty for a borken air bag becasue you moddifed the exuast. and as far as the fine. i have done tons of research and have not found one conclusive case where some one was fined 10,000 let alone a 1,000 for no dpf if you no somting other wise please post it

I got the turbo back mbrp exhaust with the quad on my lmm (7.5). If I do need to go back to the dealership for some reason I know your supposed to remove the programer but that would throw a check engine light. So does that mean that if I ever go to dealership i need to remove the entire exhaust and the programer even if im just goin for an oil change or some thing like that ?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Ray just about very one here has some mod or another done to there trucks maybe you could make a list of fines for all of use:wtf1:

G

·
I asked my dealer before i did the trubo back. They said "we have guys that do all kinds of stuff to their exhaust, i don't see why it would be a problem." "Just dont expect me to warranty your aftermarket exhaust system."

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I think the fine rumor is due to modifications done to the "emissions" system, not the "exhaust". The DPF is part of the exhaust, but I believe it is considered an emissions part. I don't think anyone would receive a fine without a warning to "fix it" first. Just my $.02 of course :D

-David

·
Registered
746 Posts
I think the fine rumor is due to modifications done to the "emissions" system, not the "exhaust". The DPF is part of the exhaust, but I believe it is considered an emissions part. I don't think anyone would receive a fine without a warning to "fix it" first. Just my $.02 of course :D

-David
Sounds about right

·
Registered
727 Posts
Just save your stock system for warranty work. I'm thinking about doing the same after Christmas and I called my service manager and asked him about it. He said that changing the exhaust will not void my warranty. It all depends on the service manager. I've never heard of anyone getting a fine at all, let alone a $10,000 fine. Anyone know how much the fines really are?
On gas powered stuff the fine is $1,000 if you take your cat off. I do it a very simple way. I cut the cat in half take out the guts and put it back! I douth on diesel there will be many cops crawling under to see if your cat is there figuring 2007 is the first manditory year!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.