Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing gauges on my 08 LMM. Where is a good place to tap in the boost line? Should it go in the tube that runs from whe intercooler to the turbo on the drivers side of the engine by the hydorboost? I am probobally way off so any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
i did mine from the turbo outlet on the aluminum drivers side boost tube

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
It would really depend on if you want to see what your boost is BEFORE or AFTER the intercooler.

At the outlet of the turbo, you would see the gross boost the turbo is producing.

At the outlet of the IC, you would see the net boost that the engine ends up with.

I think I would want to see what is going into the intake. What the engine is actually ingesting.

I, too, may be way off.

Ideally, you would want two boost gauges so you could monitor the IC tract. If you started getting oil contamination, the net boost would be down.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Ideally, you would want two boost gauges so you could monitor the IC tract. If you started getting oil contamination, the net boost would be down.
never really thought about that one

·
Registered
658 Posts
Don't feel alone - I don't think anyone has given that much thought!:D
pa32rt obviusly has a bigger brain than most. I just wanted to put something that was shiny and moved in my truck.
Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
When I put autometers on my LBZ i tapped the intake just before the factory sensor before the grid heater. LMM has pretty much the same setup.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I posted a pic in my garage of where I mounted mine. I can't figure out how to post it in the thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts