Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a question. I am looking into buying an 08 LMM 6.6. Truck has had regular maintenance done. “Car facts has records”. Truck has 189k on it. Truck has not been modified in any sort of way. I know these trucks can run forever but do you guys feel that 189 is too high? This will be my first diesel and I want to make sure I make the correct decision .

·
Administrator
16,657 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace

189k miles is light mileage. There are Duramax trucks still on the road with 700K+ miles.
As long as you keep up on the preventative maintenance items the truck will last a very long time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to DieselPlace

189k miles is light mileage. There are Duramax trucks still on the road with 700K+ miles.
As long as you keep up on the preventative maintenance items the truck will last a very long time.
thank you for the input appreciate that very much. Going to look at the truck tomorrow I hope it checks out.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
While you're looking at the truck, see what maintenance records there are for the truck, new brakes, bearings, age of tires, etc.

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do man. It has a lot of service records according to car facts. Nothing on injectors. One of my main concerns

1 - 5 of 5 Posts