Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, new to this forum, I've run up against a few problems with my LML. 2011 2500HD with 105k miles, it is all stock, no mods or tunes. I find similar issues posted with older models but the fuel system/emissions changes to LML are not accounted for so I am hoping I can find some help here. Truck seems to run great the little I have driven it due to Corona registering it is a problem, so some illegal driving has been my only testing.
I did a full service on the truck when I bought it, which I hoped would solve the check engine light, and replaced the FPR with the Exergy one, seemed like cheap insurance, no metal from the CP4. I cleared the codes then after running it a bit I will get a water in fuel warning(new filter, drained it-no water), next the Filter life goes from 100% to 0%. lastly within 10 miles the P0087 low fuel pressure code pops back on.
I did disconnect the water sensor, but still get the filter life dropping to 0% as soon as I give it some throttle.
What should be my next move to solve this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also took a sample of the fuel to check for contaminants (water separation) and found nothing.

·
Administrator
16,702 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace

The P0087 is a common code to find. If you use the Community search box located at the top of the screen and do a search for the code you will find a ton of threads to reference and give you some leads to fix the issue

(y)

·
Premium Member
17,933 Posts
Did you use one the wix plastic filters?
Did this occur prior, prompting a filter change?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This was before I changed anything. Replaced the AC Delco with a Racor.

·
Registered
148 Posts
You wouldn't be the first person to swap in an Exergy MPROP and have the P0087 code pop up. Try swapping the old MPROP back in, clear code and see if it comes back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts