Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so i have been reading on this forum for almost 3 weeks now and learned alot so far but the whole LML not being able to run EFI Live is really irritating me. I thought that it was just that nobody had figured out how to get the software to work together until this morning when i started reading a little deeper into it and come to find out its because when GM designed the ECM for the LML they completely shut off the tuning abilities for the new motors.. So now i am stuck in a rough spot. I intend to purchase prolly in the next year or so but if the LML cant even be tuned wtf do i do? I like the LMM also but theres some serious drawbacks such as:

1. Frame strength on new trucks is 5 times stronger.

I wanted to get the Denali HD i believe the first year they manufactured that was also first year of LML, and it seems that there is a couple of features that are only available to the Denali HD and not on the SLT such as:

2. Heated steering wheel < i know doesn't seem all that needed but the wrapped leather steering wheel in the new body style is freaking cold in the winter and that would be a cool feature imo.

3. Cooled seats < I HATE SUMMER
4. VVT Engine Brake i believe is only on the LML (I intend to get a GN and tow commonly) This means a lot of time in the vehicle And it will be my DD ontop of all of this.

So i sit with the question of do i really wanna give up a frame thats 5X stronger... and some of the features inside.

Advice please i want all opinions please.
Is the LMM gonna keep me happy?
Intend to do some Tranny work/EFI Live/Maybe Twins, but initially am i gonna be disappointed? I have been intending to buy a diesel for to long i bought my 1/2 ton over 5 years ago and wanted a diesel then but i settled for less than what i wanted then and i have regreted it for over 5 years now and i wont ever do that again is my intentions so all input from you all will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all your time everybody.
Scott.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well, I can only speak on the engine brake part. I have a 2008 Sierra SLT 3500 dually and use the Banks SpeedBrake. I haul a 34' full living quarters three horse trailer and the SpeedBrake is a kickass product for this. Read up on it on the Banks Power site, saves a lot on truck and trailer brakes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I can only speak on the engine brake part. I have a 2008 Sierra SLT 3500 dually and use the Banks SpeedBrake. I haul a 34' full living quarters three horse trailer and the SpeedBrake is a kickass product for this. Read up on it on the Banks Power site, saves a lot on truck and trailer brakes.
Noted Thk you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.