Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i had a question i just bought a 11 denali duramax and it only has gotten up to 145 degrees running temp and usally runs 120-130 degrees idk if tht normal seems cold for a tranny but its 50 degrees out and only hit 128 degrees going to work just wondering if something is wrong or need to replace something?

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
My '11 LML ran about 70 degrees over ambient. (and iirc, from threads when they were building LML's, that was pretty common).

When below freezing and the 'elevated idle' would kick in during warm up, it would get the trans hotter than that during warm up -- and be the highest trans temp of the day.
As soon as I headed out (rural gravel and 2 lane) the temp would drop back to about the 70 over ambient. On a 30-35 degree day, this meant 100 -105 trans temp.
80 degree day -- 150 trans.
I don't recall if the pattern continued on the 0*F days....

Big change from some of the earlier generation dmax/ally combos that were notorious for running warm. The change was one of the reasons it was frequently posted about.

·
Administrator
21,845 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace

If you are in a Northern, colder climate you might try a winter cover for the grill to help retain engine heat
(y)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts