Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2012 LT 3500 SRW with factory brake controller. At the trailer brake prong I am getting 3.65 volts all the time. There is no change when I apply brake pedal or squeeze the brakes controller. The rest of the trailer wiring is good, brake lights, turn, marker lights and power all of the time.

If I can get this problem fixed will the factory controller work with the dexter actuator and dexter disc brakes?

·
Premium Member
17,839 Posts
To use that truck/ combo, you'll need to add an HBA-CAM module on the trailer.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response!

Ok, so either $100 on the module or I already have a prodigy 2 from the last truck. Will the factory brake controller work better than the prodigy2?

But there is still something wrong with the electric brake controller on the truck?or is this normal until it gets feedback from the trailer?

I was thinking when I squeezed the slide on the brake controller that it should override everything else and output 12volts?

·
Diesel Ninja
10,143 Posts
The problem is that the truck it does not see the brakes on the trailer. The hydraulic pump on the trailer does not create the load that magnetic discs do. And yes the factory control is superior to your prodigy2 as it works on brake pedal input not inertia.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so my brake controller is doing what it is supposed to do.

I did find this item on Etrailer - Titan BrakeRite SD Adapter for Ford/Chevy Integral Brake Controllers Item # T4845900. It looks like it plugs into the truck harness somewhere to fix my truck for all trailers?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A little more research and there are 2 or 3 Titan actuators that do the same thing with different wiring. All solutions that I have found are wired on the trailer.

Thanks for all of your help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts