Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my truck seems to have some sort of grounding issue which is making my MAF bug out. Its throwing a handful of codes, and the IATM gauge is flickering from like -50 degrees to positive 185 degrees and everywhere in between. I have to do some digging but i also noticed my Vane Position Sensor is stuck at 33% and doesnt move at all.. Does anyone know if some of the MAF codes would cause the Vane position to maybe go into like a default mode?

Thanks

·
Administrator
16,750 Posts
Post up the exact codes you are getting on the scanner

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Administrator
16,750 Posts
Inspect your complete engine harness for any rubbed through wire insulation, corrosion, broken wires, etc.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i will try and go through it all over the weekend.

·
Registered
02 2500HD LB7
125 Posts
Check the connector to the MAF for bent pins. With that many codes present I would bet the PCM has the turbo vanes locked in a safe position to prevent overboost.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check the connector to the MAF for bent pins. With that many codes present I would bet the PCM has the turbo vanes locked in a safe position to prevent overboost.
Grounding?
I’m dealing with EGR issues and will be going over my grounds tomorrow. There is a bunch of them.

·
Administrator
16,750 Posts
Grounding?
I’m dealing with EGR issues and will be going over my grounds tomorrow. There is a bunch of them.
The Duramax is known for wire harness issues ( rubbed through insulation, corrosion, broken wire inside of the insulation, etc) Inspect your engine harness carefully

·
Registered
8 Posts
The Duramax is known for wire harness issues ( rubbed through insulation, corrosion, broken wire inside of the insulation, etc) Inspect your engine harness carefully
Thank you.
I’ve been trying to find wiring diagrams so I can ring out wires end to end.
Do you know where I can find diagrams?

·
Administrator
16,750 Posts
Thank you.
I’ve been trying to find wiring diagrams so I can ring out wires end to end.
Do you know where I can find diagrams?
A subscription to a service like alldatadiy can provide diagrams and more
You can also browse GMUpfitter.com and see if they have any of your needed diagrams

Reactions: 209 DMAX
1 - 10 of 10 Posts