Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here swapped a lml hydroboost in? Common on the lbz trucks and is supposed to be a nice little upgrade.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Since GM loves to save money, I’d bet the 03 and up vans use the 01-10 pickup hydro boost.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Anyone here swapped a lml hydroboost in? Common on the lbz trucks and is supposed to be a nice little upgrade.
When I did it on my LBZ, the only mod needed was to ream out the push-rod hole slightly. I also ordered the seal that goes against the firewall, but the old one came off intact and coulda been reused.

As far as an upgrade, I noticed no change. Only went with the LML booster because it was substantially cheaper at the time I noticed mine was leaking.

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Vans got there own hydroboost. 2003-2007, 2008-2011, 2012-2020. When you look at master cylinders 2009 on up are the same. Hydroboost to gear hose covers a wide range from 2007-2016. Pump to hydroboost hose is same from 2006-2010.

There is a lot of overlap with parts so it might go on with no issues. I would at least see if a parts store had both in stock so you could compare them side by side on the counter.

Reactions: mp06011999
1 - 4 of 4 Posts