Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living here in Australia.....VERY hot here at the moment. Our daytime temps are up in the high 40's (over 115ºF).

I've been wondering whether anybody knows this: Would it be possible to add a manual over-ride switch to the electrical cable that activates the viscous fan?

I'd like to be able to activate the fan sooner than the ECM does; say around 95ºC.

The idea is to kick the fan on sooner and stop the engine getting to a temp over 100ºC (or 212ºF).

Just curious if anybody has done this or what the consequences (if any) might be.

Obviously it's not the sort of think I'd forget to turn off....the SOUND of the fan would keep me aware that I'd flicked the switch ON.

All the best from Australia,

Roachie

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I'd probe the wires when is running,put the meter on ac volts and see if its reading,only way I could tell if its a pwm signal,then switch to dc and see if its steady.if steady,then you should be able to add a switch.
if you have an oscilloscope,all the better.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Have you asked your tuner if that is a parameter they can adjust? I haven't messed with tuning any LML's, but it might be that easy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts