Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have experienced an oddity when slowing down to a stop. When the vehicle is going slow, say around 5 mph and keeping steady pressure on the brake peddle it sometimes feels like it momentarily looses brake line pressure. This happens very quickly and it doesn't hinder stopping, it just feels weird. Don't know if it has something to do with the ABS or wheel speed sensors. It only happens when going real slow and not pressing real hard on the peddle. Other times just after the truck stops there is a little bump like spring wind up settling back. Never felt this in any other vehicle over a lifetime of driving. Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience and or may know about it.
thanks
Hutch

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
It only happens when going real slow and not pressing real hard on the peddle. Other times just after the truck stops there is a little bump like spring wind up settling back. Never felt this in any other vehicle over a lifetime of driving.
What you have described is usually your slip yoke. Grease the splines and the clunk/bump goes away.
Others describe this as I got rear ended.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will try greasing it and report back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts