Diesel Place banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #61 (Edited)
They are giving me what the truck is worth currently as if it was a perfectly running truck. I cant see a better way to handle it if GM is screwing them in regards to approving warranty work.

They could tell me to pound sand and have it fixed in any case, this truck could just be a lemon which is why I am opting not to have it fixed. Who knows what could be in there when they open it up... GM isnt sure its a major issue that could cost them big money so.... Ill use that as a tell.

I for one don't want to gamble to find out....

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Brought home the new 16 Denali today. Really beautiful truck with some upgraded features that are nice to have.

Last night the old truck seemed to drop a cylinder so I am ecstatic about getting out of it. when running to the store and back it surged one hard time at around 40 mph on surface streets, started blowing white smoke and was a rough at idle followed with a laundry list of codes.

I couldnt live with myself If I didnt tell dealer even though they were aware of the general situation..........

I told them what had happened and they told me to worry about it and that this truck was going down the road.

They got me into my new truck in about 1 hr and I payed roughly what I bought my 15 for so I am happy all the way around.

This truck will remain untouched during its lifetime with me.

·
Registered
435 Posts
LMMOWNER is this Simpson in Buena Park? If so, have you been dealing with Jay on this? I am in a similar boat, my 20" PYS wheels on my Denali HD keep cracking and GM has told me to pound sand after leading me on for a few weeks but Jay and JV in service are absolutely wonderful to deal with. I can second that GM corporate sucks balls but Simpson is the best.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Yep simpson in BP. My connection is at Simpson Chevrolet in Garden Grove but I was sent over there once the deal was in place.. dealt with Dan..... Killer people from Dan to Finance. Easy and no BS.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Yep simpson in BP. My connection is at Simpson Chevrolet in Garden Grove but I was sent over there once the deal was in place.. dealt with Dan..... Killer people from Dan to Finance. Easy and no BS.
Very good. Garden Grove was just purchased by Simpson. It used to be Nicholas Chevrolet. They just bought another dealership too. If anything else comes up I'm in good with the service director at BP. Thanks for replying :)

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Very good. Garden Grove was just purchased by Simpson. It used to be Nicholas Chevrolet. They just bought another dealership too. If anything else comes up I'm in good with the service director at BP. Thanks for replying :)
Simpson purchased Nicholas some time ago, been awhile now, they just took over Irvine a little while back however.

My close family freind orders for all three and has run fleet for years during the Nicholas years, he is obviously more busy now that he is in charge of all three.

Thanks for the offer though!!!!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
This truck rides soooo much better then my 3500, its unreal. I have the wheels and tires sitting in the garage but I dont want to change anything because it rides like a dream...

·
Registered
125 Posts
New Denali HD

very nice, i am getting jelly down in San Diego. Makes me want to trade my 2012 denali HD for a new white one. looks sick bro, hope you enjoy it!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Fact is deleting emissions equipment is illegal. You broke the law, hence GM is going to tell you to pack sand. Thank your nearest overreaching, corrupt and criminal bureaucrat for there draconian laws.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Yeah, the very idea of polluting less is just crazy. GM needs a rollin-coal RPO code.

·
Registered
31 Posts
As a father to 3 children I like to keep pollution to a minimum, and spent $500 extra on my fathers gen 5 Camaro header install for a catted high flow x-pipe even though he lives in an area without emissions testing. However, explain to me how strip mining the earth for rare metals to create aftertreatment systems to severely restrict exhaust flow. The addition of a fuel injector directly in the exhaust that does no useful work, or driving extra miles to complete a regen, all of which burn MORE fuel, or the manufacture, distribution, and sale or urea (DEF) is good for the environment?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nothing to do with the environment, and everything to do with more control and more money. The limits don't even make any sense, and contradict themselves. So particulates are bad and carcinogenic. So you up compression and injection pressures for a hot, efficient and complete combustion and drive particulates to near zero, but then NOX emissions rise, so add EGR (which is horrible on diesels) to lower O2 levels and cool combustion to lower NOX but particulates spike again. Add DPF to trap particulates and lose efficiency and burn extra fuel for no additional work. Add urea to kill the NOX, so your HD truck, that now burns more fuel, which directly contributes to more CO2, will actually improve air quality if driven through NYC. This is asinine and pure over regulation. The technology hasn't matured as evidenced by the amount of failures. Yes emissions need to improve as technology allows, but please explain to me how the drastic increase in complexity, additional equipment manufacture, and loss of efficiency is good for the environment?

·
Registered
31 Posts
To add insult, all of these manufacturers sell versions of this equipment overseas without the aftertreatment systems, that is cheaper to purchase, cheaper to maintain, and runs more efficiently, but emits slightly more harmful emissions (although less of them due to increased efficiency) all over the world. Last I checked we all live on the same planet, so pollution is pollution.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I am on the fence about emissions. One the one hand we can run trucks in the shop now without exhaust stacks on them. Years ago if you started a truck in the shop you needed to either get it out right away or get a stack on it F'N quick. They would smoke out the shop in 10 seconds. In some places the air coming out of the exhaust is cleaner then what is going in if everything is working correctly. I love this part of it. Plus no smell etc.

No on the other hand there is so much more to go wrong and it does go wrong. If not under warranty it is very expensive to fix. We have most of this stuff figured out now but 5 years ago it was a PITA when something went wrong. Sometimes no one knew what was faulty with the system including the manufacturer and relied on guys like me to figure it out and once we did to let everyone else know what was going on. It was a very stressful time to be a mechanic. Each change they come out with every couple years meant we had to once again figure things out. But we are stuck with it.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts