Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
2500 HD cc 2wd 3.73 i 1st tank was a solid 17 driving in the city unloaded, eventhough the DIC said 18+. I have learned driving style will play a big part on the mileage, have only towed once so far a short distance. I like the Diesel just a little disapointed in the ride from my 2002 HD ExtCab.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have had my lly for 3 weeks. I am manually figuring the mileage and I have gotten anywhere from 14.5 working in snow and running all night to 19.5 running up and down the interstate and in town. I love it!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hello everyone, i'm new to the board and figured I would post on this topic. Great site!

I've been getting 15-17mpg, 50/50 (highway/city). And thats doing 70-85mph on the highway(i'm not a light foot
).

·
Registered
162 Posts
14.3 average with highway and city driving. 1400 miles.

·
Registered
176 Posts
SonnyBear, are you using #2 during these cold months? I was using #1 and getting around the same mileage as you. But I switched to #2 and the mpg's went up.

·
Diesel Master
1,858 Posts
My LB7 engine didn't seem to fully break in until 18K, at which point the mileage jumped. I have recorded a best of 21.9 on the freeway with the Juice on level 4. I usually get 14-15 mpg in town, depending how I drive.

Cool handle, and one of my favorite bore sizes..........Edited by: afp1

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
BMCD said:
2500 HD cc 2wd 3.73 i 1st tank was a solid 17 driving in the city unloaded, eventhough the DIC said 18+. I have learned driving style will play a big part on the mileage, have only towed once so far a short distance. I like the Diesel just a little disapointed in the ride from my 2002 HD ExtCab.
I think your going to find that the secret to getting a good ride, is to junk the shocks it came with, and install a good set.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts