Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body race a ford 6.0 powerstroke (stock)?? If so what were the results?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Race no. I just had Ford buy back my F350 with the 6.0. The Duramax feels a ton stronger than the 6.0. Engine wise I will never look back. Overall truck....I cant say the same.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Things I dont like
<UL>
<LI>Stock height is a lot shorter
<LI>no leather bench (when fully decked out)
<LI>smaller back seat both width and leg room (make it a pain with an infant car seat
<LI>small tires
<LI>no moonroof
<LI>bottom of drivers seat seems shorter
<LI>mirrors could miss an army coming up on you
<LI>lack of storage
<LI>going from a 6 inch drop bar to a 2 inch drop bar
<LI>friends and family asking me why I got a smaller truck
</LI>[/list]

Things I love
<UL>
<LI>quiet as all get out. Dont even turn it off at drivethroughs.
<LI>DIC
<LI>no sliding rear window required
<LI>back seat folds nicely
<LI>LATCH system
<LI>rear air
<LI>dvd player
<LI>did I mention its QUIET?
</LI>[/list]Edited by: TEXMudder

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
About the seat. If you are tall, try this: Adjust the seat UP to maximum height. For me, it's very comfortable, better visibility, and I can see over most vehicles.

One thing I really like about the GMC, is I can go around corners pretty fast. It actually handles better than many vehicles 1/2 it's weight.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I'm not tall, it just seems like the bottom half of my upper legs (no clue how to explain this) hang off the end of the seat. Maybe the space between my knees and the end of the seat is the best way to explain it.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Ford bought back my 6.0L after it had been in the shop for 68 days in the first 4 months. 9 injectors, 4 ICP sensors replaced, 7 program updates, three rear main seals replaced, 2 A/t transmissions and 1 rear end. When they bought it back it still leaked oil would not always go into reverse, would have a dead throttle when it felt like it along with haveing a cold idle surge that was so bad the people next door asked if that was someting that the truck was supposed to do after hearing it every morning! When it ran properly it was OK but the ride was junk.

'04 LLY purchased and got oil leak about 3 weeks after I bought it. Dealer gave me a free loaner truck, replace oil cooler gasket, fix leak. When to pickup the truck and it wasn't ready, I though great what now.......... about half an hour later they say it ready and go out to find the truck had been washed, polished and detailed, look underneath and not a drop of oil anywhere! Boy was I suprised, the reason they were late with it was because the service guy didn't get the undercarrage cleaned and the GM saw it and was pissed so he sent it out and had a full detail job done....................now that's what I call service!

Did I say I'm happy!

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Too bad all dealers aren't like that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am in the process of getting a Yukon xl bought back and was wondering what the process of getting yours bought back and if any fees or money out of pocket on your end.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Yes its me from High Lifter.

Diesel Tech, I cant say the Ford ride is junk. I seem to have a lot more feedback from the road than I did in my Ford. I think the suspension was so stiff it sprang back to normal right away. It seems my 2500HD will take 3-4 bounces before it gets to normal. Completely different ride than what I was used to.

As far as a buy back process goes there are many options:
<UL>
<LI>Dealer and regional rep can flat out buy it back if they want to. Costs would be up to you three to decide, but I wouldnt get charged ANYTHING over the lemon law charges.</LI>
<LI>Some sort of dispute settlement board (called that for Ford, different name for GM). This is a third party arbritation (heck is that spelled right?) board. They will give the owning company their decision and they are stuck with it. You are not. Again, dont take anything over lemon law charges.</LI>
<LI>Lemon Law depends on your state which is Texas in your case. This is supposed to be the last resort. I got screwed as I couldnt get FMC to abide by the lemon law charges and ended up loosing another $3000.</LI>[/list]

If you want you can email me and we can chat furhter as this is the only thing my personal life has been up to for the last 13 months as this was a complete nightmare for me.

The key to winning is documentation. I submitted 58 pages of documentation including letters to FMC, receipts, and phone call logs down to the minute.

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
I would take the Dmax over the f**d anyday of the week and twice on sunday. I think they run better and are alot stronger. Edited by: GMC2500HD

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
pollolittle said:
I am in the process of getting a Yukon xl bought back and was wondering what the process of getting yours bought back and if any fees or money out of pocket on your end.

What I can tell you is be ready for a battle. I had them by the short hairs with the amount of time they had it in for service and nothing was fixed from the first repair order. In most states the lemon laws are close to the same but check in your state. I'm in CA and it says in three times for the same repair, or over 30 days of service in first 18 months of ownership and there's one more I donot remember but I meant all three conditions and you only have to meet one. Also with the dead pedal issue I call NHTSA and they were going to start an investigation for a safety recall. I think that really got Ford going since I had the documentation and report number it was really a no brainer that they were going to have to buy it back but more of how much sh*t were they willing to let me start. A recall of all 6.0L trucks was coming there way and they knew it so it was best to take care of the people raiseing Hell first then the rest of the owners. Ford has offered free oil changes and such to every 6 L owners for the 2003 model year and to bring it in for updates to stop the recall but it's costing them big time. They went from one of the best diesel trucks to the worst in one model year. I had a 6.9 and a 7.3 that were great trucks. I got lucky from most of what I've read about bybacks, I got every penny back. They wanted to deduct for mileage but since the first service was at 155 miles they gave up on it.

Good luck on your byback

·
Registered
549 Posts
Once you get to a dispute resolution I wouldnt say its a battle for everyone. I had 35 days in shop 5 repairs on bell housing, 5 repairs on A/C, 5 repairs on manifold, and various others. FMC then tried to tell the DSB that it had been fixed on date X, when I had receipts from FMC that were after date X. The lies were almost funny. I didnt have to fight, in fact I think with my ammount of paperwork and my case I could of dropped a brick on the DSB table and they wouldnt of cared.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I left out a small piece. They are not buying it back but wanting me to swap with them for another vehicle. The biggest hit is they are attempting to charge me for usage miles which they figure to be about 37 cents a mile. That is about $1500 to me. Then I pay title and licensing. There would be no tax due to they are going to value both vehicles the same. This is approximately the same deal I would get if I filed lemon law. The only difference is they don't have to put lemon law on the title or windshield when they get it back and the second owner gets to deal with the misery. My other dilema is that the YUKON XL MSRP is higher than the 3500 MSRP with all the options. They don't know if they are going to "accessorize" to make it equal or what. It is about a $2500 difference to their favor. Supposedly the new truck is either here or on its way. The dealer special ordered it since they couldn't find one like I wanted. What to do?

·
Registered
549 Posts
For only getting changed $1500, I think I would of kissed someone. Mine was much closer to $5000. As far as the difference in MSRP in the two vehilces, you are choosing a different vechicle, you will be expected to pay the difference.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The difference in MSRP is in their favor, meaning I am getting a lower priced vehicle to replace the higher priced vehicle. Then does that mean there would be a refund to me? Ouch on the 5K!

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
They can only charge for milage if you did not report your problems. Once the problems are reported and not repaired they can not charge for any further miles. At least that's the way it is here. So check your records of when you first reported the problem, any miles after that are on them. If they do not want to work with you start the Lemon Law documentation. I would bet they are willing to work with you if you just document everything and give them a push.

·
Registered
549 Posts
If the difference in MSRP is in their favor, I would ask for either a check for the difference or a check for the whole ammount and then buy the new vehicle.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts