Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all of a sudden my speedo now starts at 38 mph at a dead stop...any ideas? it just messed up comming off the interstate to a stop...then it would not go back to 0...like it stuck at 38 mph and that is what it thinks 0 mph is...it works just like i said it starts off at about 38 and works from there

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
Very common on these around 03-04 model years. I went through two with my 04.

It might drop about 5 mph each time you start up from the vibration.

The dealer should replace the entire cluster when they fix it. Ot there's a guy, I'm sure somone will chime in here, ebay I think, who repairs them for you.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
sdteb;1594317; said:
all of a sudden my speedo now starts at 38 mph at a dead stop...any ideas? it just messed up comming off the interstate to a stop...then it would not go back to 0...like it stuck at 38 mph and that is what it thinks 0 mph is...it works just like i said it starts off at about 38 and works from there
Common problem with Chevrolet. I used this guy on E-Bay and it was repaired and back at my house in 5 days from Washington State to Connecticut. Great service.

http://cgi.ebay.com/03-04-SILVERADO-INSTRUMENT-PANEL-CLUSTER-REPAIR-SERVICE_W0QQitemZ330060367358QQihZ014QQcategoryZ47121QQcmdZViewItem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts