Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry ahead of time for the long windedness but i need some help. My mileage has been dropping on a steady basis, i have 7k on this fuel filter. I am getting a code P0401 on my preditor which scans as EGR flow insufficient. when i hit the DTC not ran button i get 15 codes, not sure if this is normal, but if i remember correctly i have cleared them in the past and different ones come back. i can post all the codes if needed. when i input these codes into the run specific DTC's they show up as what they are. does this mean that the truck is throwing these codes? of is the computer just decoding the #s im giving it? only mods are 4 inch mbrp from turbo back, no cat and no muffler

·
Registered
430 Posts
You can get the egr codes when running a 4 inch exhaust especially without a muffler. Your best bet is to block the egr and unplug it if you have a fe9 truck. You will have some egr codes, but it won't throw a CEL. If you have a Cali truck you will also need a fingerstick to make the truck think the egr is working in order to not set a CEL. If you need more info on these look in the diy section. There are good writeups on both of them.

Good luck.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply. im going to block it most likely, but im having it checked out first. would that explain the decreasing mileage though?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Block and finger it so you can rid the truck of the egr related codes.

One thing to look at is where you live. You might be seeing the decrease in mpg becasue of the winter fuel. Where are you located?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im in NH. but the decreasing mileage showed up before the winter fuel, plus i didnt have the problem last winter

·
Registered
430 Posts
Does it seem like it down on power also? When my egr failed it would stick partially open and my truck would run real doggy and blow alot of smoke.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Your Predator should be able to turn off your egr light

1 - 7 of 7 Posts