Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok since my truck will be in by next week or so, what has juice or quad or anyone else for the new motor????

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Dmax Tim said:
Ok since my truck will be in by next week or so, what has juice or quad or anyone else for the new motor????

You sure it's an LLY? If so you'll probably have the first one.

I don't know about the other manufactures, but I've spoken to Edge and they have a truck on order to test the system, but right now it looks like my truck might get here before theirs.

There's a new ECM module, changes to the programming due to the turbo change and EGR, trans mods, and they just don't know what changes might have to be made until they get a chance to try one. I suppose there is even the possibility that no changes would need to be made, as opposed to could be made, but that seems unlikely considering what GM has done with the new engine.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Zeeb, I just got off phone w/ Chevy and the truck was built on 12-11 and it has the LB7.

My dealer ordered me a GMC and a Chevy at the same time 11-18 and he called the wife last nite and said the GMC is in transit.

I called today and found out it is the Chevy and he gave me the vin, and it shows LB7 and Chevy confirmed the build date.

SO NOT ALL TRUCKS BUILT AFTER 12-8 HAVE THE LLY.

GMC hasn't gave me a TPW for it yet so I could wait on the GMC and get the LLY.

I have til I look at it at dealer to decide.Edited by: Dmax Tim

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
The LLY motors started production on the 8th but it takes time to use up the LB7 motors and get the LLY motors to Flint and Pontiac, MI from Moraine, OH.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
According to Kool, they started production in Moraine on the 8th of December as mtomac has said. Kool also said on the night of the 9th that production was going "very, very slow" and that they had only shipped about two hundred engines.

The RC's and EC's were the first to go LLY only on orders, and the factory converted any LB7 orders already in the system to LLY for those cabs on or about Nov. 19, or at least that's when they changed mine. Two weeks after I ordered I got a TPW, which was moved back a week in January, about a week after I got the first TPW. At that time, late November, they were still taking orders for CC's with LB7's. Those by the way are built in Flint, while the RC's and EC's are built in Pontiac. So the remaining LB7 inventory went into CC's, and the first TPW I've seen here is someone who has I think an EC, is 01-05-04. That's got to be an LLY. Since the primary reason for the change on the engine is Federal Emission requirements starting 01-01-04, anything built after that has got to be LLY.

There should be some LLY's coming out before that I would think, but nobody seems to know. Combine that with the fact that GM shuts down between Christmas and New Years, and even my dealer can't tell me exactly how many days, I think you'll see some trucks built next week, but then it might be the 01-05-04 week before production resumes again.

I just hope my TPW doesn't get kicked back again.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts