Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been talking to someone who designed and sells a lot of PCV Ambient Crankcase vent for the 7.3L fords. He would like to look at an LLY and see if he can design something for it. This could possibly lead to a free bypass for your truck. IF you are in the Spokane area let me know and I will put you in touch.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I made an ambient crankcase vent canister... modeled somewhat after the LB7 system, but with no drainback for the oil, and it doesn't connect to the intake. Pressure vents through a top mounted K&N breather, while oily liquid gravity feeds to the bottom, where a brass valve is located for emptying when changing your oil.

I considered making these and selling them... they are made of brass connectors and PVC for the canister... would anyone be interested?

I am considering two models... one that is ambient vent, and one that is vented to the stock location in the intake, but still uses the catch can feature to stop most of the liquid oil from passing...

Any interest out there? I'll try and get some pictures of my setup later...

·
Registered
323 Posts
NOTE: Not to hijack the thread, but I just thought it seemed an appropriate time to throw this in...

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Get some pictures up then approach Nick about limited vendor status. You should be able to sell some of they there are no drawbacks.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Will work on getting some ASAP.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts