Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

Just got a call from our fleet Dept Dealer.. He just ask
me if i want a LB7 OR LLY.. He is telling me not to get the
LLY Reason this Engine is 1st year out and there can
be bugs being a 1st year model.. Spoke to our local GM Zone
Manager he call down to the plant. Quote if you make changes to this powerplant like heads and other stuff this
must be called 1st year out.. Guys you all know what happens with 1st year stuff..

Feed back i have to give him a answer soon.. Forgot to tell you the LB7 will be built for 11 more months then
the LLY all the way. There will be a choice all of 2004

From steve
Fleet/owner
Edited by: smartfix

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
LLY without a doubt. This is not the first year of the engine but the 4th. There are a few small changes this year but nothing to worry about IMHO. All the changes are positive. If you are going to keep this truck off of warranty the new design could save you thousands on labour if you ever have to change the injectors.

I am far from an expert but I wouldn't worry about it for a second personally.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Lets see, Cat and EGR and ten h.p. to show for it. Maybe the torque and VVT make up for the wimp ass horsepower improvements but I wouldn't go with it. A really small programmer tune will put you at 340 hp and over 600 lbs of torque. Cummins already has a real torque motor and is rumored to be stepping up the h.p. and tranny. I guess the heads will be a benefit when the junk injectors are replaced.......

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got a call from our Field service Rep and He will not
back up the LLY till it has major miles on it.. There was very little testing on it.. He told me for our fleet the LB7 is a safer Choice.. There could be new bugs on the LLY

PS it will cover under the 100,000.. I tryed pulling out of him.. I hope this new Turbo and heads will not be like the
6.0 fords that went to hell

From steveEdited by: smartfix

1 - 4 of 4 Posts