Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck is in the shop now for the 4th time getting injectors replaced. I believe I have a lemon. I talked to GM cust. service and they said that they would notify their area rep. that I needed a buy back. The truck is less than a year old and has 37K on it. State law says that they have to refund full amount plus TTL. But they can deduct a reasonable amount for usage. How much is resonible? Any one else done this before? Has anyone gotten them to just replace the vehicle with a new one?

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Sounds like you have more problems with the place doing the work then the truck..

Improper diagnosis a few times by the sounds of it...Somebodyis missing something big time.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Im no expert...

but did they bother to check the injector wiring harness coming off the EDU/FICM? Which injectors keep failing?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Dustyh16
I had a truck bought back by Nissan 2 years ago and it had about 20,000 miles on it when they bought it back. I had to pay mileage until the problem was first reported...around 800 miles. It amounted to around $300. They
paid everything else-tax,tags,transfers. They-Nissan bounced their check, so we also got them to do credit checks to make shure that my credit was not screwed up.

Your states lemmon law should specify how much they charge for mileage.

Dave

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
sounds to me like bad workmanship at the dealer. my injectors are still the original and I have 135k miles on my truck. Balancing looks great. Some times the dealers/techs, that aren't very knowledgable on these trucks, will go with whatever is happening everywhere else. Then again, i use an additive with my fuel.

·
Registered
118 Posts
sounds to me like bad workmanship at the dealer. my injectors are still the original and I have 135k miles on my truck. Balancing looks great. Some times the dealers/techs, that aren't very knowledgable on these trucks, will go with whatever is happening everywhere else. Then again, i use an additive with my fuel.
135k thats cool,what kind of additive are you adding?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
first time was a misdiagnoses. 2nd time it was inj. #8 ticket said it showed a balance rate of +15. 3rd. time it was inj. #3. This time they haven't got around to checking it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts