Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved confirmation on Dealerworld messenger (dealers proprietary link with GM for administrative messages) that LLY is set for production for early December and infact many "In-System" orders will be changed from code LB7 to LLY. This means all of the HD's, not just the 3500 SRW's, will get the new motor. It also indicates a $200 MSRP increase and alerts dealers to look for "exciting horsepower and torque figures to be announced in the near future." It also indicates changes to Autobook (our electronic specing program) and online order guides to be updated on December 1 to reflect the changes!
Edited by: bartman

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Good news for those with inquiring minds! Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does the 04 owner's manual have specs for both diesel motors? I'm wondering if the fuel filter is the same part number. There wouldn't happen to be a picture of the engine compartment, showing the location of the filter?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Dec 5th is the initial start up date as of now, the fuel filter seems the same to me when i saw it, but that doesnt mean its the same, sorry i couldnt help ya out anymore

·
Registered
38 Posts
Bartman,

Thanks for the update. I am getting ready to order. I am waiting for confirmation from my dealer.

Kool,

Could you give us an update on what the final changes are?

Thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
99mo said:
Bartman,

Thanks for the update. I am getting ready to order. I am waiting for confirmation from my dealer.

Kool,

Could you give us an update on what the final changes are?

Thanks.

final changes are listed all around u can do a search or someone can post a link....sorry i dont mean to sound rude, but i gotta huge shindig at my house tonight and im super tied up at the moment

·
Registered
747 Posts
Officer Al said:
Does the 04 owner's manual have specs for both diesel motors? I'm wondering if the fuel filter is the same part number. There wouldn't happen to be a picture of the engine compartment, showing the location of the filter?

My owner's manual gives info for both engines. I saw no difference as far as filters, capacities, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks like I'll have to consider secondary filtration, just as many LB7 owners have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts