Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well they finally decided on a number, Torque goes to 590 lb-ft @ 1600 and hp is only a 10 horse jump to 310 @ 3100. I like the 590 but maybe allitle more than 10 would be better. oh ya the NOx is coming down by almost half according to GM testing. this means we could be looking at some lower cylinder temps, we will have to see.

Mahotas out

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Mahotas, I suspect that lower cylinder temps aren't completely responsible for the lower NOx numbers. I'd wager that the mandatory EGR system makes a big dent (at the expense of feeding all that soot right back into your engine
) I still remember the thick coating of oily soot that blanketed the interior of the intake in my 6.5TD Tahoe and continue to appreciate my non-EGR LB7

·
Registered
380 Posts
I second that non-EGR engine note. I had a '97 6.5TD and after 270,000kms the intake on two ports had almost completely clogged with soot and that stuff is almost impossible to get cleaned out without taking the engine apart. I purposely bought my DMAX before the LLY came out I did not want another EGR diesel engine. I plan on putting a lot of miles on my DMAX and I don't want a CAT or EGR. They will just cause problems later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts