Diesel Place banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to this form and duramax’s lol but i recently bought one in tractor mode and have been going through all the ice picking and replacing pig tails and checking the ficm bracket by the alternator and a couple other spots i’ve seen through these forums but the weird part about it is i have no codes and the truck isn’t firing in 1,4,6,7 and it is firing on 2,3,5,8. no codes. no smoke. any thoughts would help thanks.

·
Administrator
21,772 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace

Please tell us a little more about the vehicle ( Year, Make, Model ) and list all mods
(y)

·
Premium Member
2007 Klassic CCSB 2500HD. Six-gun w/speedloader, iDash, and EFILive.
1,415 Posts
Your truck has a water closet with fancy pipes?

·
Premium Member
18,305 Posts
If you're in "tractor mode", there'll be codes. P2146, for starters.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i did have codes p0202 and p2149 when the pigtail for injector 2 went out and replaced it and no engine light and no codes and still has no power, i’ve checked the wiring harness, messed with the harness while running and shut the truck off and back on and did it some more and still nothing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a GMC 2006 2500HD 6.6 Duramax and had problems with tractor mode at 180K miles. I changed pigtails on my #2 and #5 cylinders and also did the ice pick trick with no sucess. I also changed injectors thinking I may have had a couple of bad injectors. Turned out to be the wiring harness coming off of the ECM was rubbing against the battery tray on the driver's side and had frayed the wires to my #2 and #5 cylinders shorting them out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i figured it out plugged a buddys ficm in off the same year truck and it ran fine. sent mine off hopefully to get repaired or else i’m back in the same spot trying to find one

·
Premium Member
2007 Klassic CCSB 2500HD. Six-gun w/speedloader, iDash, and EFILive.
1,415 Posts
This is more common than you would think. Wires chafe and grounds corrode

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
took every single bit of loom off the harness, a whole day process didn’t find anything that’s why i tried his ficm and it ran fine. just thought mine would throw a code for being on 4 cylinders but it didn’t and everyone says the ficm won’t go bad but mine definitely did but for only the group 1 cylinders which were 1,4,6,7 which weren’t firing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts