Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just wanted to let you know I picked up O4 3500 yesterday.it has the new revised duramax lly motor. I know there has been discussion about when these would be out, and according to the diesel supplemental manual supplied with this truck it has the lly.the truck was built 10-03 in pontiac michigan. it is black and beautiful.gotta go and put some breakin miles on it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
JDTRIP,

Everything I read was that those motors were not into production until November 1st.

You just blew our "intel" right out of the water. Sure would like to see a picture of what you have under the hood.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
JDTRIP said:
Hi all, just wanted to let you know I picked up O4 3500 yesterday.it has the new revised duramax lly motor. I know there has been discussion about when these would be out, and according to the diesel supplemental manual supplied with this truck it has the lly.the truck was built 10-03 in pontiac michigan. it is black and beautiful.gotta go and put some breakin miles on it.
Take a pic of the turbo and the revised heads....

It'll be an exclusive!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Maybe it's the 210hp LLY version.

·
Registered
704 Posts
JDTRIP said:
according to the diesel supplemental manual supplied with this truck it has the lly.

What in your manual says you have the LLY motor. My manual is filled with LLY information, but I still have the LB7.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
proof.... whats the VIN ??? I will tell you if it has LLY

LB7 Dmax is vin engine code 1

LLY Dmax is vin engine code 2

Its the 8th digit

Eric

·
Registered
238 Posts
Gotta know!!

Jess

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
pics! pics! pics! Gotta have pictures!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Plus if you did get an LLY motor this early, you'd better keep it locked up and garaged otherwise a few characters might come over and borrow a few of those improved engine parts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I went by a large dealership in Bay City Michigan and scoped out all the new duramax's there and none were the lly.... They even had some come off the truck Tuesday.... from the factory an hour away... No lly

·
Registered
490 Posts
Ahhhh, doesn't anyone remember what kool said???

·
Registered
236 Posts
I wish i would have known about this site before i bought my 2004 a few weeks ago. I would have waited. It is just like when I bought my 98 and read an article a week later that they were coming out with the silverados in 99.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it, there's tons of hype and not much substance at this point. Enjoy your '04, there's certainly nothing wrong with it.

·
Registered
570 Posts
somekevinguy,

Like Cam said enjoy it!

I've been holding off on ordering a new 2500HD for the last 2 months. I'm just going to place an order with my dealer and see what Duramax I can order next week. If only the LB7, thats what I'm going to get then. All the hype is realy unknown and GM is not saying enough in response to my e-mails.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
<TABLE id=TLeng height="100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=8 width=754 align=center bgColor=#ffffff>
<T>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top align=left height=36>
Diesel Engine Training</TD>
<TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#e3e3ff rowSpan=3>

The interim 2004 Duramax 6600 diesel engine (RPO LLY) becomes available January 2004. Though similar to the current production Duramax 6600, this engine offers some significant differences. The GM Service Technical College (STC) will offer an updated Diesel Engine Performance course to reflect the changes. Refreshed and updated CBT, IDL, and Hands-on course components will be released successively beginning April 2004.

To enable technicians to promptly offer service to customers with the new LLY Duramax 6600 engine, GM STC will release a supplemental video course in December of 2003 that focuses on this new engine configuration. Technicians with credit in any of the current Diesel Engine Performance 2001 course components may take this video course to receive a cross-credit to the updated course components.

Technicians are encouraged to participate in opportunities to complete the training components within the Diesel Engine Performance curriculum path. This curriculum path provides the foundation for December’s supplemental video. This strategy will not only increase the dealership’s overall Service Training Standard score, but will help ensure that the technicians are prepared for LLY Duramax 6600 customer concerns and able to fix them right the first time. Dealers that complete the current standards before December will be in an excellent position to address the needs of the LLY Duramax 6600 customers. Additional communication about the new courses will be available a few weeks before their release.

- Thanks to Steve Sternicki
<TABLE cellPadding=2 width="95%" align=center border=1>
<T>
<TR>
<TD>
<DIV align=center>Current Course</DIV></TD>
<TD>
<DIV align=center>Supplemental Course
(Released December 2003)</DIV></TD>
<TD>
<DIV align=center>Updated Course
(First component released
April 2004)</DIV></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>
<DIV align=center>Diesel Engine Performance
2001 (W, D, H)</DIV></TD>
<TD>
<DIV align=center>Duramax 6600: 04i Engine Performance Updates
(Video and Booklet)</DIV></TD>
<TD>
<DIV align=center>Duramax 6600: Diesel Engine Performance</DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

http://service.gm.com/gmtechlink/images/issues/aug03/TLaug03e.html

·
Registered
43 Posts
yup sorry about ur luck u dont have the lly...we are going to do power runs this next week, to get ready, and on we have 2 days off the begining of december...and the full production goes starting dec 4th..they keep pushing it back..but dec 4th is what we have we run the 04's for 9 months or so i have heard around..then to something else but i know nothing about the new project..but sorry to inform u that no production lly's have been produced, the only ones that have been produced are for test and training reasons.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Come on kool...

What don't you know about the NEW project

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry for causing a stir about having the LLY motor. this is my first diesel and I thought some things in the diesel supplement pertained to this truck, but I was wrong. any way I did take the truck to florida and back and it is just great. fuel averaged 19.8 down and 19.5 on the way back. speed never exceeded 65mph. going it never was over 55. these are great trucks, and I'm very happy with the LB7 motor.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts