Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is efilive supposed to work with the 2006 LLY equipped with bosch controller?

I can read the pcm if i use LBZ as the pcm choice but it reports wrong operating system,

If i use LLY as pcm choice then the bootloader fails to load.

If i click PCM info everything seems to be ok

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
mrrattle;1582465; said:
Is efilive supposed to work with the 2006 LLY equipped with bosch controller?

I can read the pcm if i use LBZ as the pcm choice but it reports wrong operating system,

If i use LLY as pcm choice then the bootloader fails to load.

If i click PCM info everything seems to be ok
How do you know it's reporting the wrong operating system?

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
A 2006 LLY is NOT an LLY.

It is an LBZ that has been slightly detuned. Nothing for an LLY will work on your truck:

Your computers are different.
Your exhaust is different.
Your engine is different.
Your intake is different.
Your injectors are different.
etc, etc.

I've been bit by this a few times, where an owner tells me he has an LLY but doesn't say 2006. I have to keep remembering to ask.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
ok to be more clear

efilive reads the pcm out as operating system 12606128

reports some out of range items (mostly torque limiting)

my Tech 2 tells me the vehicle operating system is 12606130

eflive also reports operating system 12606130-if and only if I click FLASH-SHOW PCM INFO

now also after reading the calibration the vin is left N/A, the CALIBRATION, OS ID and BCC are also all N/A

So should i just go ahead and program the unit even though the pcm OS and what efilive report are different?

EDIT:- note to self,
there is a DIFFERENCE between "boot software" and "operating system", pcm info and tech 2 report boot software, pcm flash read shows operating system,

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
mrrattle;1582511; said:
ok to be more clear

efilive reads the pcm out as operating system 12606128

reports some out of range items (mostly torque limiting)

my Tech 2 tells me the vehicle operating system is 12606130

eflive also reports operating system 12606130-if and only if I click FLASH-SHOW PCM INFO

now also after reading the calibration the vin is left N/A, the CALIBRATION, OS ID and BCC are also all N/A

So should i just go ahead and program the unit even though the pcm OS and what efilive report are different?

EDIT:- note to self,
there is a DIFFERENCE between "boot software" and "operating system", pcm info and tech 2 report boot software, pcm flash read shows operating system,
If it allows you to save the Read file, I'd suggest that you fwd to [email protected] for analysis before loading anything.

Is this a pickup, medium duty truck, or van?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also have a 2006 "LLY" version. The OS is 1260324. I checked it for out-of-range and non showed up.

I have modified tables to match a "standard" 2006 LBZ and uploaded the resulting program. No issues so far (driven about 500 miles in northern MI). Too cold with slick roads to really test to see if the HP has really increased.

Just starting as I received the EFILive Monday.

Regards,

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the vehicle in question was a medium duty, 2006 lly, ended up programming no problems,

What my problem turned out to be was me not FULLY paying attention to what was being reported as in my tech2 and sps system showed BOOT SOFTWARE version but efilive shows OPERATING SYSTEM version.

So McRat has the best answer, in 2006 they are all LBZ, more correctly
if it has a bosch controller (CAN data bus) then treat it as an LBZ.

Sorry for any confusion and thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
It's not your fault, the Bosch controller does do some weird reporting of things!.
It's funny, the LLY also has a bootblock segment but it is not reported by CalID or on TechII, as you saw the LLY06 / LBZ does report it so it's easy to confuse the numbers, I do it often too.

Cheers,
Ross

1 - 9 of 9 Posts